aberdeen-music

Ayrplay Final

Rasputin

Ayrplay Winner

just wanted to make a correction to the above. Sadly, whilst Lunar got a 20 minute slot as opener at the gig they were not actually joint winners of the competition

White Ace from Cumbernauld won it outright and were on BBC news and got the 30 minute support slot before From the Jam and Status Quo

I wouldn't normally bother about this type of thing but I met the young White Ace guys about 3 times during the 8 weeks of the competition and its a big shame if someone is trying to steal their thunder.......or maybe it was just a genuine mistake that needs corrected

nothing against the other band but the boys that won the competition should be recognised for their great achievement!

just wanted to make a correction to the above. Sadly, whilst Lunar got a 20 minute slot as opener at the gig they were not actually joint winners of the competition

White Ace from Cumbernauld won it outright and were on BBC news and got the 30 minute support slot before From the Jam and Status Quo

I wouldn't normally bother about this type of thing but I met the young White Ace guys about 3 times during the 8 weeks of the competition and its a big shame if someone is trying to steal their thunder.......or maybe it was just a genuine mistake that needs corrected

nothing against the other band but the boys that won the competition should be recognised for their great achievement!

Strange, Lunar were told they were joint winners by liz Hobbs, thats why they also got to play at the Status Quo gig right before White Ace. They were also offered the same deals as White Ace I belive. Were you at the final when both bands were announced? Also at the Roch at the racecource gig both bands were introduced as winners of the Ayrplay comp. Thats my undertasnding anyway not that its that big a deal.

Anyway I like White Ace as well, very good, considering their age and all and I am sure we will hear baout them again soon. White ace BTW can be found on myspace, they are also listed as a friend in lunars myspace page in the link above if anyone wants to check them out.

Liz Hobbs Group Press Release

Strange, Lunar were told they were joint winners by liz Hobbs, thats why they also got to play at the Status Quo gig right before White Ace. They were also offered the same deals as White Ace I belive. Were you at the final when both bands were announced? Also at the Roch at the racecource gig both bands were introduced as winners of the Ayrplay comp. Thats my undertasnding anyway not that its that big a deal.

Anyway I like White Ace as well, very good, considering their age and all and I am sure we will hear baout them again soon. White ace BTW can be found on myspace, they are also listed as a friend in lunars myspace page in the link above if anyone wants to check them out.

Very strange - as I was at the final and thats not how we heard it announced. But rather than take my word for it here is the press release direct from Liz Hobbs website (Liz Hobbs Group - Events News Article)

AYRPLAY WINNERS, WHITE ACE ARE SET TO OPEN BURNS ROCK AT THE RACECOURSE

Scotlands new rock band, White Ace has sensationally beaten 5 other bands in the Final of the Burns Showcase for New Bands competition, AYRPLAY.

The young rockers from Cumbernauld will now join rock legends Status Quo in a support line up to open the stage on Saturday night at Burns Rock at the Racecourse, Ayr.

Held at Burns Festival Club in Wellington Square as part of the Burns AnAThat! Festival, White Ace battled it out against bands, Lunar, Acutones, Jiezuberband, The Bopping Heads and The Lindsey Dolan Band to win the competition.

The accredited judging panel for AYRPLAY included, Paul Fitzgerald, who represents artists including Beverley Knight, Leona Lewis, the X-Factor and Britains Got Talent, Liz Hobbs MBE of Liz Hobbs Concerts and Events, the largest promoter of live music events in the UK and Bill Briceland, local Ayrshire musician and music enthusiast who has been one of the main organisers of this years competition all agreed that the performances from all 6 bands were fantastic and found it hard to decide the winner.

In a twist to the competition, Aberdeen based rock band, Lunar will now also perform at the Burns Rock at the Racecourse, supporting winners White Ace. And it will be a memorable homecoming for lead vocalist Neil Glover who originally came from Ayr.

Festival Producer Liz Hobbs MBE said The standard of bands performing in the eight week competition has been exceptional and Im looking forward to working with several of the bands and developing some amazing talent over the forthcoming year.

The two runners up, The Bopping Heads and The Lindsey Dolan Band will perform at the Burns Rock at the Racecourse VIP Aftershow Party on Saturday night at the Festival Club in Wellington Square to join Quos front man, Rick Parfitt son, Rick Parfitt Junior and comedian Janey Godley for a night of music and entertainment.

The 2009 AYRPLAY Competition will get underway at the close of this years festival. Go to Burns Festival 2008 - Burns an' a' that! Poetry Music & Song for more details.

Very strange - as I was at the final and thats not how we heard it announced. But rather than take my word for it here is the press release direct from Liz Hobbs website (Liz Hobbs Group - Events News Article)

AYRPLAY WINNERS, WHITE ACE ARE SET TO OPEN BURNS ROCK AT THE RACECOURSE

Scotlands new rock band, White Ace has sensationally beaten 5 other bands in the Final of the Burns Showcase for New Bands competition, AYRPLAY.

The young rockers from Cumbernauld will now join rock legends Status Quo in a support line up to open the stage on Saturday night at Burns Rock at the Racecourse, Ayr.

Held at Burns Festival Club in Wellington Square as part of the Burns AnAThat! Festival, White Ace battled it out against bands, Lunar, Acutones, Jiezuberband, The Bopping Heads and The Lindsey Dolan Band to win the competition.

The accredited judging panel for AYRPLAY included, Paul Fitzgerald, who represents artists including Beverley Knight, Leona Lewis, the X-Factor and Britains Got Talent, Liz Hobbs MBE of Liz Hobbs Concerts and Events, the largest promoter of live music events in the UK and Bill Briceland, local Ayrshire musician and music enthusiast who has been one of the main organisers of this years competition all agreed that the performances from all 6 bands were fantastic and found it hard to decide the winner.

In a twist to the competition, Aberdeen based rock band, Lunar will now also perform at the Burns Rock at the Racecourse, supporting winners White Ace. And it will be a memorable homecoming for lead vocalist Neil Glover who originally came from Ayr.

Festival Producer Liz Hobbs MBE said The standard of bands performing in the eight week competition has been exceptional and Im looking forward to working with several of the bands and developing some amazing talent over the forthcoming year.

The two runners up, The Bopping Heads and The Lindsey Dolan Band will perform at the Burns Rock at the Racecourse VIP Aftershow Party on Saturday night at the Festival Club in Wellington Square to join Quos front man, Rick Parfitt son, Rick Parfitt Junior and comedian Janey Godley for a night of music and entertainment.

The 2009 AYRPLAY Competition will get underway at the close of this years festival. Go to Burns Festival 2008 - Burns an' a' that! Poetry Music & Song for more details.

Oh well fair enough, no arguing with that. Runners up then still not bad.