aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Noiseless pickups

I am thinking of replacing the pickups of my Fender Mustang to some sort of noiseless variety. Does anyone have any tips or opinions on what you have liked best? Mustangs can take Strat pickups, so I am considering lace sensors like my B0lly Strat, but I am open to suggestions.

Oh aye, and I am not at all interested in humbuckers.

Not noisless, but Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups (I await the burger jokes) are really rather good. They have a nice tone, nice clean sound and gets nice and dirty when needed :)

The noiseless pick-ups in my American Deluxe Tele are very good. Not completely noiseless on distortion, but a lot lot quieter

The noiseless pick-ups in my American Deluxe Tele are very good. Not completely noiseless on distortion, but a lot lot quieter

same here with my american deluxe strat. think they are samarium cobalt noiseless or something like that. really good and real quiet

have you tried shielding the electrics to eliminate some of the noise? i've shielded a couple of cheapy strats before by simply applying a load of tin foil to the inside of the scratch plate and pick up covers, made a really big difference for the cost of some foil and a prit-stick!! :rockon: