aberdeen-music

the warlocks

Steven Milne

Guest Steven Dedalus

They used to be good, but that was a good while ago, now that I think about it.

I be surprised if many people came to see them, but they were a good band.

And there was loads of them, if I remember correctly.

Guest bluesxman

It's down to personal taste innit - personally I'd love it if they came to Aberdeen as they knock spots off of the majority of pish 'alternative guitar' type bands that come here and I'm a fan of their style of music. Moshulu would probably be too big a venue, Tunnels however...

It's down to personal taste innit - personally I'd love it if they came to Aberdeen as they knock spots off of the majority of pish 'alternative guitar' type bands that come here and I'm a fan of their style of music. Moshulu would probably be too big a venue, Tunnels however...

Tunnels would be perfect.

How the fuck someone can say not to book them - saying that a loss would be made & not particulary liking the band - without knowing how much they'd cost or how many people would attend really fucks me off.

Surely they could be marketed on their connections to Brian jonestown massacre and Beck (Bobby Hecksher played bass on Stereopathetic Soul Manure) alone.

How the fuck someone can say not to book them - saying that a loss would be made & not particulary liking the band - without knowing how much they'd cost or how many people would attend really fucks me off.

Surely they could be marketed on their connections to Brian jonestown massacre and Beck (Bobby Hecksher played bass on Stereopathetic Soul Manure) alone.

I've seen them. I own one of there albums although I forget which one it is.

As most people have said on here, they were the next big thing about 4 years ago...maybe not so much now.

I doubt they'd cost pittence with a couple of cans thrown in for good measure coming all the way over from America.

It's just my opinion.

Guest Steven Dedalus

In theory, yes.

In practice, no.

I mean, can you really imagine someone going, "here, come and see this band with me. They're amazing. Their bassist played on a Beck album you've probably never heard of!"

I'm exaggerating, but they're not the kind of band you'd go and see on impulse, I think.

Of course it all deopends on how much they cost...

In theory, yes.

In practice, no.

I mean, can you really imagine someone going, "here, come and see this band with me. They're amazing. Their bassist played on a Beck album you've probably never heard of!"

I'm exaggerating, but they're not the kind of band you'd go and see on impulse, I think.

Of course it all deopends on how much they cost...

this post and the one steven qouted sum it up really.

its hard to vision what will happen as ive made that mistake before, you go for something and then when it comes along you think you can convince people to come and its harder than it seems.

i think this will probably happen as it looks like im sorting out a glasgow date for them at the same time and they want to play here so ill keep the people interested posted.

would probably be 8 a ticket and would have three locals on the bill.

its in august so plenty time to promote it if it does go ahead.