aberdeen-music

Why do all women - even the ones who you think are nice turn out to be whores?

Guest Neutral

Quite rightly aswell. It's nothing to do with "terroritory invaded" or a perception of the woman as being "dirty and used" (where did you get that from, hollyoaks?), it's about trust, respect and common human decency.

It always makes me laugh when women talk about being promiscuous/sexually aggressive as if it's some kind of empowering post-feminist statement. It's just sad and a sign of deep-seated insecurity imo.

No, I didn't get it from Hollyoaks, I got it from a number of male friends who have been cheated on and their reactions to it. And no...they don't watch Hollyoaks.

Gah, I had a reply but it just got more and more long winded so I deleted it.

Basic point: Ignorance is bliss. Your partners sexual life before you isn't something a lot of people want to dwell on, so to have to deal with your lovers sex life with someone else, while they're still with you is horrific to me. Couldn't do it, I would not be able to deal well. However, I know myself well enough that even if I'd had my heart broken by someone I loved, I would still try my damnedest to make it work.

The fact that you've got 'promiscuous' and 'sexually aggressive' from my post just confirms my theory. I wouldn't describe myself as either and I don't think many people would to be honest, but you've basically aligned sexual openness with sleeping around, and they are two very different things. You can talk about anything in the world, but it doesn't mean you're doing it.

What about men who are sexually aggressive or sleep around? Is that sad as well?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I know myself well enough that even if I'd had my heart broken by someone I loved, I would still try my damnedest to make it work.

I.E be a gullible doormat.

The fact that you've got 'promiscuous' and 'sexually aggressive' from my post just confirms my theory. I wouldn't describe myself as either and I don't think many people would to be honest' date=' but you've basically aligned sexual openness with sleeping around, and they are two very different things. You can talk about anything in the world, but it doesn't mean you're doing it.

[/quote']

What I was getting at is that there a lot of women who sleep around because the fact they are female and men want to sleep with them is the only thing they can derive any confidence or sense of worth from.

What about men who are sexually aggressive or sleep around? Is that sad as well?

Yes.

Guest Neutral

Wow, I was told just before my 2nd stage job interview that she didn't break up with me when she went with the other guy because i was her "fallback plan"(after 3.5 years) how bloody ace :finger:

Stripey has it exactly right it is about trust, respect and decency. If a woman/man cheats on you guys, do not take her/him back, no matter how much you think you love her, just gain happiness in the fact that she is likely to do it to the other guy too, that you could have been hurt a lot worse and that there are women/men out there who will treat you better.

Don't cheat, because you are better than that!

Anyway since then things have improved remarkably.

1. Have a new well paid salaried job

2. Prospect of a higher paid salaried job abroad coupled with the chance of learning a trade which has been in the family for generations

3. Seeing a girl I have known for a long time in a few days

Thanks for the words of support and advice

Stay mellow

M

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Wow, I was told just before my 2nd stage job interview that she didn't break up with me when she went with the other guy because i was her "fallback plan"(after 3.5 years) how bloody ace :finger:

Stripey has it exactly right it is about trust, respect and decency. If a woman/man cheats on you guys, do not take her/him back, no matter how much you think you love her, just gain happiness in the fact that she is likely to do it to the other guy too, that you could have been hurt a lot worse and that there are women/men out there who will treat you better.

Don't cheat, because you are better than that!

Anyway since then things have improved remarkably.

1. Have a new well paid salaried job

2. Prospect of a higher paid salaried job abroad coupled with the chance of learning a trade which has been in the family for generations

3. Seeing a girl I have known for a long time in a few days

Thanks for the words of support and advice

Stay mellow

M

Sounds like a right wee darling, doesn't she? You're well shot of the bitch.

Remember, you must ALWAYS be seen to be doing better than an ex.

Even if you're not.

:up:

If a woman/man cheats on you guys, do not take her/him back, no matter how much you think you love her, just gain happiness in the fact that she is likely to do it to the other guy too

one of my mates started seein a girl when she was with another guy and then when she cheated on my mate the fool was actually shocked

Guest Steven Dedalus

Cool!

I always wanted to read a load of tawdry muck-raking about someone who presumably has no idea that they are the subject of a FIVE PAGE LONG THREAD.

Jesus.

What is going on people?

What's next:

"Here's a load of really private stuff I know about ___________ that they would almost certainly not want to be discussed on an internet forum."

"Cool! Fuckin' chicks! Tits! Boobies!"

Guest Neutral
Cool!

I always wanted to read a load of tawdry muck-raking about someone who presumably has no idea that they are the subject of a FIVE PAGE LONG THREAD.

Jesus.

What is going on people?

What's next:

"Here's a load of really private stuff I know about ___________ that they would almost certainly not want to be discussed on an internet forum."

This is a pissed off rant and for good reason there is no private stuff in there, no names, addresses, locations, dates etc This was a way of getting some pressure released.

If I had been an arsehole I could have put it in :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Cool!

Jesus.

What is going on people?

What's next:

You really are getting far too wound up about all this. Don't you have any other outlets for that frustrated knight-in-shining-armour complex you've got?

Can't women themselves object to all this instead of you taking it upon yourself to speak up for them on their behalf, Saviour?

Kinda sexist of you to do that.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Though it hasn't really done anything to contradict the ancient notion that women have nothing but twiglets and strawberry jam between their ears..

I'm going to patronisingly defend women on their behalf and challenge that.

They think about shoes and pretty things as well...

Guest Steven Dedalus
You really are getting far too wound up about all this. Don't you have any other outlets for that frustrated knight-in-shining-armour complex you've got?

Can't women themselves object to all this instead of you taking it upon yourself to speak up for them on their behalf, Saviour?

Kinda sexist of you to do that.

Right, fair enough.

See y'all.