aberdeen-music

Note i was given whilst djing last night

Guest Giles Walker

Guest Giles Walker

I was djing after the cocktail competition last night at Snafu and some guy came up and gave me a note scrawled onto a bit of till roll.

It was folded up with "F.A.O DJ?!" written on the front, they had also written "Giles" but for some reason had decided to scribble it out.

It said and i quote.

'YEAH YOUR BEAT MATCHINGS GOOD... BUT TRY DOING IT WITHOUT THE AID OF YOUR LAPTOP!!! THEN YOU'LL GET RESPECT FROM "2PROPERDJS"'

I didn't get a proper look at the guy when he handed me the note because i was beatmatching two records without the aid of my laptop at the time, but i think he was wearing a Jack Daniels teeshirt. Someone told me he was from Basement, but i can't be sure.

For the record i was very obviously using vinyl and Serato Scratch to dj with.

Gotta love the ill informed specials in Aberdeen.

GDAWGNOTE.jpg

Guest Giles Walker

What i liked the best was that i had pretty much trainwrecked my first 3 mixes as well so they weren't even accurate there. The whole thing just reeked of fail and got a big

megaeyeroll.gif

from me.

Oh yeah i just figured out how to put photos in posts btw.

I didn't get a proper look at the guy when he handed me the note because i was beatmatching two records without the aid of my laptop at the time, but i think he was wearing a Jack Daniels teeshirt. Someone told me he was from Basement, but i can't be sure.

Dont recognize the handwriting as being anyone from bassment, and certainly dont know of anyone arsey enough to refer to them self as a "proper DJ", although it could easy of been someone really drunk taking the piss. Nae idea mins. Sorry.

I was djing after the cocktail competition last night at Snafu and some guy came up and gave me a note scrawled onto a bit of till roll.

It was folded up with "F.A.O DJ?!" written on the front, they had also written "Giles" but for some reason had decided to scribble it out.

It said and i quote.

'YEAH YOUR BEAT MATCHINGS GOOD... BUT TRY DOING IT WITHOUT THE AID OF YOUR LAPTOP!!! THEN YOU'LL GET RESPECT FROM "2PROPERDJS"'

For the record i was very obviously using vinyl and Serato Scratch to dj with.

Gotta love the ill informed specials in Aberdeen.

You didn't get a proper look at the guy?

Well, at least we can eliminate all the English teachers in the area from the search.

Guest Giles Walker

I'm not that fussed about finding out who it was to be honest, i just thought it was funny at the time.

Any other djs on here get any interesting notes whilst at work?

I saw this online the other week.

t_MURDERm_abdbb56.jpg

I've had lots of notes given to me over the years. When I was doing the Barfly in Glasgow, I used to put a pad of paper and some pens at the front of the stage for requests, but by the end of the night I ended up with pages full of essays, drawings and utterly bizarre ramblings from those taking a break from the dancefloor. It was mostly positive, some people always think they know better, though. Wish I'd kept them.

There was one night in Liquid when some little runt decided to write a mini-essay on every tune I was playing and hand them into my lighting jock every few minutes. It was mostly along the lines of "Look at the dancefloor, people don't know this stuff. Why don't you play some crunk?". Given that there was only about 100 people in the club at the time, and more than half of them were on the floor, I had no regrets in collecting his thoughts into a big pile at the end of the night and launching them into the bin.

Mind you, if I'd played some crunk now and then, I might still have a job there, but...c'est la vie.

Exodus notes are always of the "Please please please play Head Automatica and the Libertines. We'll love you forever" type. Must try harder.

Perhaps I'm showing my age here, but what the hell is crunk?

I'm not that fussed about finding out who it was to be honest, i just thought it was funny at the time.

Any other djs on here get any interesting notes whilst at work?

I saw this online the other week.

t_MURDERm_abdbb56.jpg

Arite Giles, how's it goin? Been a while!

Had a lot over the years but this one has to be the best hence why i kept it, it takes 'note' to the next level

2250961270103411386S600x600Q85.jpg