aberdeen-music

Metalliban

Dan G

Well as for the covering your ground comment, im just saying its what it came across to me as, and i did concede i could be wrong.

As long as you don't get carried away and make them wear someone else hat...?

No. How about as long as its funny? This is one of the unfunniest things I've ever seen. Even if I were to view it as satire, its still not very funny at all.

Thats just what I think. Try not to throw a hissy fit about it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as for the covering your ground comment, im just saying its what it came across to me as, and i did concede i could be wrong.

No. How about as long as its funny? This is one of the unfunniest things I've ever seen. Even if I were to view it as satire, its still not very funny at all.

Thats just what I think. Try not to throw a hissy fit about it.

I'm not bothered if you don't find it funny, that's your opinion. Plenty of people do find it funny and they are welcome to that opinion too.

My hissy fit his aimed at the bare-faced cheek of people that can joke about the grand-scale death of a nation (e.g. the potato famine) before labelling others xenophobic bigots for generalising religious clothing :up:

It would be knuckleheaded if I actually thought all Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus were terrorists. I don't. I know the differences.

Your words are irrelevant; deeds count!

What about the people who view it? Would they be knuckleheaded for laughing yet not knowing about specific cultural differences, taking for granted your depiction? Surely this kind of humour - regardless of the author's knowledge and views - perpetuates ignorance, and would undoubtedly be of deep offence to any religious person irreverently and wrongfully lumped into the category of 'terrorist' (an implication incomparable to Irishman = Comedy Drunkard).

In short, when you put things into a public domain what the hell does it matter what your intentions and 'real opinions' are when the material seems to wholly contradict them, and will simply be taken as truthful and accurate by retarded American metal-heads.

Your words are irrelevant; deeds count!

What about the people who view it? Would they be knuckleheaded for laughing yet not knowing about specific cultural differences, taking for granted your depiction? Surely this kind of humour - regardless of the author's knowledge and views - perpetuates ignorance, and would undoubtedly be of deep offence to any religious person irreverently and wrongfully lumped into the category of 'terrorist' (an implication incomparable to Irishman = Comedy Drunkard).

In short, when you put things into a public domain what the hell does it matter what your intentions and 'real opinions' are when the material seems to wholly contradict them, and will simply be taken as truthful and accurate by retarded American metal-heads.

fascism-799165.jpg

But that would involve offending people :O

There are perfectly legitimate grounds for offence here. There is nothing positive in this 'satire' as you call it; it is more a play on the low intellect of metallica fans than suicide bombers, as Dan pointed out:

Half the humour comes from the narrow-minded ignorance of lumping all asian, arab and middle-eastern types into the same category.

'I don't find it funny myself because I know better, but I laugh at those who do find it funny, cuz of their pure ignorance'.

And yet, ironically, it's not the "retarded American metal-heads" who take it as literal opinion, but the holier-than-thou alternative/indy hypocrites who hide behind pseudonyms and think that pressing play and recording an argos casio keyboard demo is being musically creative. :up:

it is more a play on the low intellect of metallica fans

Ha. And it's me that is generalising...

At which point in any of my images does it suggest that ALL hindus and sikhs are suicide bombers? Nowhere, that's where.

Who knows, maybe the muslim james hetifield in my pictures intentionally disguised himself as a Sikh knowing full well that only muslims are suicide bombers, and therefore dressing as a Sikh rather than a Muslim would foil the airport security thus giving him greater opportunity to pull off his terrorist activities. There are many ways you could interpret those images, but at the end of the day, if you choose to read far too much into them and get overly offended by them in order to defend the opinions of your peers, then that's your prerogative as a pissy little sheep.

If you are seriously offended by this thread, then I pray to Allah that your mummy and daddy have the naughty filter set to maximum security on your computer...

I don't find it funny myself because I know better

Wow, you are my intellectual superior. Next time I need to know anything about being a humourless and self-righteous ball-bag, I'll make sure to ask your advice.

plane.jpg

As much as you dislike/don't get the satire in this thread, you can't deny that's some pretty sweet photoshop-ing.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Is it OK to think it's really unfunny regardless of any un-PCness?

Absolutely. The PC Nazis can fuck off, it just isn't particularly funny.

:up::up::up::up::up: