aberdeen-music

360 help

fatboy

i got a second hand one this evening and plugged it in put the game in all fine..10 minutes later it rebooted itself saying "unreadable disc" in the tray bit on screen, it turns on and than and i can access menus but it ain't reading the disc and the tray isn't physically opening even though it says "opening" when i press the the eject button. the power light is constantly blinking just the one in the middle not the circular bit, that comes on and does a fancy show when it boots then stops

any ideas or have a been bumped?

Basically, it's borked. Assuming you didn't buy it from a shop...

You need to know:

1) If the 360 is still in warranty (<12 months)

2) Serial number (on the back)

3) If it has been registered already with Microsoft (if so you will need the original owners name and email)

If it is in warranty, you can phone up Microsoft (0800 587 1102), tell them about the problem and get it repaired.

If it is out of warranty, tell them it has RROD (3 red rings), is not starting up and (when they ask) that the PSU light is green.

Bingo.

ill have to be careful cause got it from my brother, apparently it was left at his girlfriends house by her ex-flat mate who has had ample time and opportunely to collect but hasn't bothered to get back in touch, just hope it isn't stolen

i managed to manually eject the disc drawer, the light stopped blinking and came on constant when turned on, the game loaded up, played for 5 mins then same happened

manually ejected it again but the blinking light wont go away again

how will i find out if it has been registered already and if its in and out of warranty,

they only cover it for 3 years if its the 3 flashing red light, still 1 year standard warranty for everything else

my console hasn't displayed the 3 flashing red light thing

You could always just try phoning microsoft, giving them the serial number and seeing where the land lies. Or you could phone up, tell them you bought it second hand and that it has RROD. Seriously, if it's not the 3 red rings, they're not terribly interested. This is shameful IMHO.