aberdeen-music

Amy Winemouse

RF Scott

Guest Steven Dedalus

The best* thing is:

I haven't actually seen this, but had a friend describe it to me in a crowded bar last night.

So the mental image I have of it can never possibly match up to the reality.

*Best thing to me, obviously. You may not care at all.

How come when famous fowks are aff their tits its a tragedy but when anyone else is they are simply minks?

how come that being a junky on H & a diva / selfish coont in the Old days was seen as OK?

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Art Pepper

Charlie Parker

Billie Holiday

Would these dudes have been a bit more "public" if they had the media outlets / possibilities back in the day?

It's a mixture of over exposure, the want of the public to know more "intimate" facts about "stars", the hatred of famous people BECAUSE they are successful (something the UK isn't good at doing - celebrating success), the inability to empathise with flawed people...

It looks like a loose / loose situation!

Surely the question to ask is why did they film this? is it a publicity stunt (well...that worked) or is it also some weird way of asking for help...without actually saying "help"?

I imagine the sceptical amongst us would just plump for the easy "I wish they would hurry up and die" - ah, what a caring world we live in...

of course!...they deserve to die, because they are fucked up!....of course! I see the logic there...blah blah.

There's something fascinating about watching the pair of them.... it's as if I'm watching Kurt Cobain live on MTV and knowing he's about to be dead shortly.

Eh?!

Are Aberdeen skeggers fascinating aswell?

Aww, what a poor soul. He's drooling on his baby and trying to steal deodorant from the market whilst telling his blon to fuck off. It's so tragic and fascinating.

How come when famous fowks are aff their tits its a tragedy but when anyone else is they are simply minks?

No, I would find anyone acting in a sub-human manner tragic. Drunks for example, are always tragic. This however more so because, as you pointed out, they occupy an elevated position in society, so I would like to see some justification.

of course!...they deserve to die, because they are fucked up!....of course! I see the logic there...blah blah.

Nope, it's because they are attention-seeking wasters that have chosen to live the way they do rather it being forced upon them by society. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever and nor should anyone else.

Eh?!

Are Aberdeen skeggers fascinating aswell?

Aww, what a poor soul. He's drooling on his baby and trying to steal deodorant from the market whilst telling his blon to fuck off. It's so tragic and fascinating.

Yes, absolutely fascinating. Have you never stared in wonderment at a couple of 'skeggers' walking down the street arguing at the top of their voices over something trivial like who used the last rizla?

Marvellous..... an urban anthropologists dream.