aberdeen-music

[GIG] Manatees + Year Of The Man @ The Tunnels

That's a little high and mighty of you. I personally think that the slightly ramshackle performance suited Y Change Costume... tightening up isn't necessarily the 'right direction' for them.

Not at all, i'm just being honest. You can maintain a great degree of "ramshackle" and still be very tight you know. I just felt the drums were very out of time. I'm entitled to an opinion and don't expect to be jumped upon for it either. Just because i didn't think they were any cop doesn't mean you can't. I listen to all the bands i compared them to and i think the comparisons were very apt and they are all highly polished bands that do that style of music very, very well.

Guest idol_wild
hah I actually deleted that post because I realised I really coudn't be arsed winding people up. Cheers! :p

Ach, you're winding nobody up anyway really. I think yourself and Alkaline are both completely entitled as attendees of the gig to say whatever you want about any of the acts that played. :)

Ach, you're winding nobody up anyway really. I think yourself and Alkaline are both completely entitled as attendees of the gig to say whatever you want about any of the acts that played. :)

Thanks, i don't hate them personally or anything, i'm sure they're nice lads. It's not like i shat on their mum's in some sort of scat orgy :D

After seeing people jump on Alkaline for sharing his constructive criticism about the band I think I now understand why the feedback forum doesn't get too much posts.

Surely it's up to the band to decide whether the direction he's suggesting is the "right" direction or not. Disagree if you want but don't jump on him for having an opinion on an entirely subjective matter when his intentions are obviously not malicious.

Wrapping bands up in cotton wool does more harm than good imo.

there is however constructive criticism and personal opinion,with the latter being of little use to anyone but seems to dominate this site.

It was (in my personal opinion, but that is of little use) constructive criticism. If he'd only stated that the band didn't float his boat that would be opinion, stating how they might manage to achieve the launch of the aforementioned vessel on Lake Alkaline is constructive.

Even if it just makes them stop and think for one second about whether they were tight enough or not then it's done a lot more than anyone making excuses for them will.

It was a tad harsh maybe but you can't make an omelette...

• Upvote 1

It was (in my personal opinion, but that is of little use) constructive criticism. If he'd only stated that the band didn't float his boat that would be opinion, stating how they might manage to achieve the launch of the aforementioned vessel on Lake Alkaline is constructive.

Even if it just makes them stop and think for one second about whether they were tight enough or not then it's done a lot more than anyone making excuses for them will.

It was a tad harsh maybe but you can't make an omelette...

ok i agree, but a tad harsh indeed. give them a year and if alkaline still thinks they are as "appalling" fair enough. just not the best language to use when surely we are all trying to support new bands?

As i said i though they were really good and look forward to seeing what experience and confidence brings.