aberdeen-music

[GIG] Archives + Maths + Friday Night Gunfight + We Shall Be Blessed

particularly about ridiculously overrated non-Central Belt Scottish bands that don't register on anyone's wavelength down here despite absurd claims to the contrary.
what does it matter what part of scotland they're from and when did anyone mention that people in essex had heard them? and im assuming you rounded up every screamo fan in essex to find out your accurate information.

Oh, and the Archives CD was released in Japan by a label out there, which is a bit beyond Glasgow.

Maybe you should spend less time on an Aberdeen music forum, and do some 'poor bass playing' or keyboards in Essex? Maybe turn up unannounced at practice places and gigs to carry out 'random acts of kindness'? SUPPORT YR SCENE LOLZ

"Hey guys, came to help you load out!"

"Hey guys, heres some constructive criticism on your tunes, from me, Cloud!"

"Right, I've formulated a plan of action for your band! Focus is the main key!"

best post on Aberdeen-Music EVER.

do you even live in scotland?

no?

then please, shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.

Take a look at yourself before commenting, seriously. You're indulging in mindless brown-nosing that benefits absolutely no-one - and just makes it sound like Archives were just another rent-a-crowd band, which I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like to be known as. I'm all for being supportive, but there's a line when it just becomes ridiculous.

You said "throughout the country". It's generally accepted that the UK is one country - because last time I checked, Scotland didn't have their own place at the UN.

So, please, shut the fuck up unless you know what you're talking about....I look forward to the silence :up:

what does it matter what part of scotland they're from and when did anyone mention that people in essex had heard them? and im assuming you rounded up every screamo fan in essex to find out your accurate information.

Oh' date=' and the Archives CD was released in Japan by a label out there, which is a bit beyond Glasgow. [/quote']

He said throughout the country. Unless he's geopolitically ignorant, the country, as mentioned above, is the UK. But of course, he may have meant the nation, in which case it can be assumed to be Scotland. The fact is that he said country, not nation.

And please, don't start with this "released by a label" nonsense. A quick look on Archives' myspace says that they pressed 100 copies, which is...well...not very many. I could release Belarussian nu-metal tomorrow and press 100 copies...would that make the band in any way widely known in Belarus? Of course not.

Don't get me wrong, it's quite cool that they got it pressed by a Japanese label...but it's in no way significant.

Before you reply, take a look at yourself...It's rather tragic to be in your 20's and still to get worked up over the internet.

He said throughout the country. Unless he's geopolitically ignorant, the country, as mentioned above, is the UK. But of course, he may have meant the nation, in which case it can be assumed to be Scotland. The fact is that he said country, not nation.

And please, don't start with this "released by a label" nonsense. A quick look on Archives' myspace says that they pressed 100 copies, which is...well...not very many. I could release Belarussian nu-metal tomorrow and press 100 copies...would that make the band in any way widely known in Belarus? Of course not.

Don't get me wrong, it's quite cool that they got it pressed by a Japanese label...but it's in no way significant.

Before you reply, take a look at yourself...It's rather tragic to be in your 20's and still to get worked up over the internet.

boo hoo.

That was their demo,maxi was talking about the new record which they have just recorded

Maxi may correct me but they never played a show (I think they were the city shrinkks me when they played at motionfest but were also appearing as TFOBK)

At one point they were called "We are hummingbirds" I believe

i'm sure i saw a flyer for a gig with them and possibly meet me in st louis. maybe not.

the album should be good. i hope there is still the false start at the start of divine circuitry. i like that bit.

Guest treader.

the city that shrinks me is an awesome band name. i was a little disappointed when they unleashed the name 'archives' tbh. still though, the new songs are fucking ace. gimme dat 12" broseph.

You said "throughout the country". It's generally accepted that the UK is one country - because last time I checked, Scotland didn't have their own place at the UN.

I'm not wanting to get involved in all this, but...pretty much the most desperate arguement ever.