aberdeen-music

[GIG] Archives + Maths + Friday Night Gunfight + We Shall Be Blessed

aye, send them my way, im going to be making tickets soon.

So either give them my number or give them my e-mail address.

As regards to gear, by all means, you can use our cabs, as long as pagie takes up his orange, we should be fine for gear. And I'm going to assume that Sam will be taking up his mesa cab.

So I think we will be fine.

maxi's too busy shaggin his dug to be in a band. what a total cunt. teckle my airse.

in all honesty though, when you moving back to aberdeen so inshallah can get on the go?

in further moments of honesty, if this is indeed to be the last gig, it'll be awesome. it'll be aweosme regardless. but it'll be awesome regardless. regardless.

totally gutted about this. If only more bands in Scotland were like Archives and did everything themselves. Too many bands wait to get everything handed to them on a plate, so its great to see some ethics. They did SO much for there local scene.

Wish there wasmore of that here.

DIY or DIE yo....... :gringo:

totally gutted about this. If only more bands in Scotland were like Archives and did everything themselves. Too many bands wait to get everything handed to them on a plate, so its great to see some ethics. They did SO much for there local scene.

Wish there wasmore of that here.

DIY or DIE yo....... :gringo:

agreed. now this gig will be ridiculously bittersweet. at least i can safely say i made the effort to see them at any possible opportunity.

fucking gutted

thanks for all of the nice comments folks, it is really appreciated by all of us.

Whist this will come accross as self centered, its something I want to say.

We made a record this weekend which surpassed all of our (and others!) negativity and cynicsm. It has proved to be a really positive experience which has yeilded the best stuff we have done.

re. Scottys comment about ethics and stuff. We are not your usual DIY band and we have never claimed to be anything of that ilk. We did what suited us, and that was playing gigs, putting on gigs for those who helped us out and treating others the way we would like to be treated ourselves.

Its good to see people in Aberdeen starting to get into this stuff and do something about it in their city. My advice is to keep it positive, do not tolerate shit bands and ignore the negative, the inverted and the keyboard kings who tell you how you should do things, what you should say, which bands you should listen to, what you shouldnt or shouldnt wear etc

DIY is about doing it yourself, not copying it yourself.

we are looking forward to this show immensely, it is fitting to play our last gig with some of the nicest people we have met through doing this band.

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that Archives will be sorely missed. They were a great band, a great inspiration to many other bands in many different scenes, in many different cities.

They themselves managed to start a screamo movement up here in Aberdeen (although they will deny this).

They will be greatly missed and I wish each and every member all the best for whatever they come out with next. I wait with anticipation. Make it quick though boys hahahaha.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR DIARIES FREE FOR JULY 4TH (DUNDEE) AND JULY 5TH (ABERDEEN).

THESE DATES ARE GOING TO BE AMAZING.

CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that Archives will be sorely missed. They were a great band, a great inspiration to many other bands in many different scenes, in many different cities.

Oh come on, what planet are you on? This kind of idiotic sycophantic talk is just absolutely pointless. I could ask 100 people that go to gigs here and I bet absolutely none of them would have heard of them, across (as you say) many different scenes in different cities.

They might very well have had an impact in Dundee and maybe Aberdeen, but did they even register in Glasgow and beyond?

Get a sense of perspective, eh? :up:

Oh come on, what planet are you on? This kind of idiotic sycophantic talk is just absolutely pointless. I could ask 100 people that go to gigs here and I bet absolutely none of them would have heard of them, across (as you say) many different scenes in different cities.

They might very well have had an impact in Dundee and maybe Aberdeen, but did they even register in Glasgow and beyond?

Get a sense of perspective, eh? :up:

If we ignore him, will he go away?

If we ignore him, will he go away?

Nope, sorry.

I like having an opinion, particularly about ridiculously overrated non-Central Belt Scottish bands that don't register on anyone's wavelength down here despite absurd claims to the contrary.

To be honest, some of the comments on this thread read like the Evening Express in their parochial nature.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nope, sorry.

I like having an opinion, particularly about ridiculously overrated non-Central Belt Scottish bands that don't register on anyone's wavelength down here despite absurd claims to the contrary.

To be honest, some of the comments on this thread read like the Evening Express in their parochial nature.

Get some sleep Clyde, it's 5 in the fucking morning!

Have to agree with you here, it's becoming a bit of a mutual hand-job...

:up:

Nope, sorry.

do you even live in scotland?

no?

then please, shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.