aberdeen-music

[GIG] Archives + Maths + Friday Night Gunfight + We Shall Be Blessed

Nowhere does the poster give any information about the bands - maybe deliberate, but still, what makes this worth going to for the average person

I think I'm right in assuming that the "average person" can fuck off. Theres not enough space

What's next...the green and yellow colouring of the band names is absolutely dreadful - did no-one teach the designer anything about colours in school?
The designer goes to Gray's.

I think I'm right in assuming that the "average person" can fuck off. Theres not enough space

Then space should be made. Considering you're working with a blank canvas, isn't it a bit absurd to say "there's not enough space" when space could have been planned for?

The designer goes to Gray's.

My, how standards have slipped.

To be fair...that doesn't really mean much!

It's a decent poster, but i'm inclined to agree over the fact that there aint any descriptions / info / links to the bands playing or the people putting it on.

Note:

Perfucked promotions presents

It has all the bands playing on it and where it is, what time it starts and the price.

The people who are going to come to this know who the bands are, there are limited places, so if you want a ticket, please PM me.

Only 60 places, 15 of which have now gone.

Then space should be made. Considering you're working with a blank canvas, isn't it a bit absurd to say "there's not enough space" when space could have been planned for.
No. The gig is in Toms cos gigs in small rooms are ace. To get into the gig, you have to be one of the cool kids. It's not so much "there's not enough space" as it is "you're not part of our cool group of friends". Which you're not. So fuck off.
  • Upvote 1

No. The gig is in Toms cos gigs in small rooms are ace. To get into the gig, you have to be one of the cool kids. It's not so much "there's not enough space" as it is "you're not part of our cool group of friends". Which you're not. So fuck off.

:laughing:

You just can't leave it, can you?

And what's the point in producing a badly designed poster if the gig isn't actually for the average person? Seems a bit pointless, doesn't it?

To be honest, I thought the Aberdeen music scene had grown up from the days when the only people that went to gigs were all mates with the bands. Evidently not.

You just can't leave it, can you?
Nope.
And what's the point in producing a badly designed poster if the gig isn't actually for the average person? Seems a bit pointless, doesn't it?
In case a mate of the band isn't online and sees it up around town. Also, they'll see the bad design and know the code to decipher it.
To be honest, I thought the Aberdeen music scene had grown up from the days when the only people that went to gigs were all mates with the bands. Evidently not.
Who cares? Nobody that is going to have fun at this gig I imagine.

Yeah, sure, that's all great. I guess if you only want people who know the bands playing and what they sound like turning up, there's no problem.

People who are really into this scene of music are going to know who maths, archives etc are to some extent and I don't see how putting myspace links on a poster will help promotion, its fairly common knowledge that all bands these days use myspace, popular or not, so whats stopping people finding the addresses themselves.

I think its a fucking brilliant poster as do a few others. So everyone else please stop polluting my thread please, I'm trying to advertise a gig, not discuss "how shit you think the poster is".

Thanks

• Upvote 1

If its done the job of deterring you going to gig, its a fucking brilliant poster.

Count me in btw

Ahaha! Yussss.

I really like the poster. Toms really is tiny, so it doesn't need a poster trying to convince the masses to show up by rating the band's mums out of 10 in times new roman font. Imagine an alternative music gig poster not conforming to the dulux colour chart though. Disgusting.

Methinks I'll probably be in attendance.

im looking forward to playing and hanging out with pals at a light hearted rehearsal room gig with lots of bands who I really dig. im sure those that want to be there will be there and those that dont want to wont, regardless of a poster.

I doubt there will be any dissapointed people standing outside toms unable to get in.

People who are really into this scene of music are going to know who maths, archives etc are to some extent and I don't see how putting myspace links on a poster will help promotion, its fairly common knowledge that all bands these days use myspace, popular or not, so whats stopping people finding the addresses themselves.

Shouldn't you try and actually convince people to come? If you're putting up posters, evidently word of mouth isn't

Because the whole point of a poster is to make it as clear and simple as possible. Would a small description or myspace link actually hurt? Nope...

What about the people who might be into the stuff, or who might be interested in checking it out (people like me for instance, who think Archives have decent music but poor vocals) - why alienate them for the sake of poor design?

You could, of course, just admit that this is a gig for a group of people that kiss arse.

I think its a fucking brilliant poster as do a few others. So everyone else please stop polluting my thread please, I'm trying to advertise a gig, not discuss "how shit you think the poster is".

Didn't you actually *start* the discussion on the poster by commenting on it?

And I'm still waiting to hear a positive comment from someone who isn't actually arse licking.

I really like the poster. Toms really is tiny' date=' so it doesn't need a poster trying to convince the masses to show up by rating the band's mums out of 10 in times new roman font. Imagine an alternative music gig poster not conforming to the dulux colour chart though. Disgusting.[/quote']

Who cares about Times New Roman? I've seen incredible designs that used very strange fonts...but they were designed by someone that actually had half a clue about design.

As for the colour chart - face it, it's absolutely dreadful. It screams "I don't know what I'm doing" - and I think any real designer would be ashamed to produce such a terrible piece of work.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Cloud are you going to the gig?

Can't see Clyde coming up from Essex especially for it. He was going to, but the poster put him off.

:up: