aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
unbroken

[GIG] Archives + Maths + Friday Night Gunfight + We Shall Be Blessed

Aberdeen date for the Archives/Maths tour, this is going to be the first Aberdeen date that Archives have played for some thing like 10 months, it's gonna be a belter.

Support comes from Edinburgh Technical metal titans Friday Night Gunfight and local support comes from We Shall Be Blessed (our first gig in 10 months also)

tomsshow.jpg

Thanks

Scott

oh aye!!!

Space in Captain Toms is limited for obvious reasons, so there is going to be some kind of ticket thing happening.

So PM me if you want one yeah, tickets will be limited to around 60.

So get in there fast.

some bill. this is how gigs should go down.

4 excellent bands. i love the summa-summa-summa-time.

Sorry mate, but that poster is absolutely shocking. It's badly designed, cluttery and just doesn't do justice at all. The skeleton is fine - but the text...? It's dreadful.

Sorry mate, but that poster is absolutely shocking. It's badly designed, cluttery and just doesn't do justice at all. The skeleton is fine - but the text...? It's dreadful.

What?

Silence.

That poster is all kinds of awesome.

Guest idol_wild

Count me in. I've waited an age to have We Shall Be Blessed rip me a new asshole.

And I want to see Archives.

Stop trying.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

yeah ok.

Okay, where shall we start...

The writing is difficult to read, the use of lowercase for no apparent reason in "4th" makes it look awkward. Some of the effects with the font are absolutely terrible - and in all honesty, the font is entirely the wrong choice to begin with.

What's next...the green and yellow colouring of the band names is absolutely dreadful - did no-one teach the designer anything about colours in school? It looks garish and looks like something a kid would eat, not a poster advertising a show.

Nowhere does the poster give any information about the bands - maybe deliberate, but still, what makes this worth going to for the average person, especially considering that it's in Toms? Nowhere are there any details - not even myspace links. Which is surprising, considering WSBB are playing ;)

The skeleton drawing is rather cool, however. It's a shame that it was ruined by frankly amateurish designing of the rest of the poster.

So. There we are. The poster has a cool element, but mostly it sucks.