Eurovision Song Contest 2008

Sue Denim..

Well my personal top 5 were

Finland

France

Bosnia & Herzegovena

Albania

Spain.

..... and I'm glad Britain came in the bottom 3 because it was all Terry Wogans fault for choosing him on the 'Song for Europe'. .. It was quite funny listening to Terry's commentry at the end. His utter disbelief that he'd chosen a dud to represent our country. :laughing:

Something that occurred to me:

This contest is evidently nothing to do with music. Ok, that's fine, nothing revolutionary there. We can assume then it's just a tradition which has degenerated into clownish humour and extravagance, but sustains itself on the basis of this tradition (and also its popularity in other countries).

Ok, so bearing in mind the UK is consistently not voted for, why did Katrina and the Waves win it in '97? Was it due to the quality of the song, and was this breaking a trend? Was the competition less farcical then? (this I have to doubt, as I distinctly remember a hilarious German entry from the same year). Explain please.

Concurrence. And Latvia as they got our whole party singing "Hi-hi-ho and hi-hi-hey!"

Been obsessed with that Tellier song for about 2 months now. Still no idea what the hell Chivers are though... my sister was gonna write on her Party Invitations, "PS: Please bring an object that symbolises your interpretation of the word Chivers" but decided against it.

I drew Bosnia at aforementioned party. Before they played, I was cursing the fact I didn't get France, but B&H did me proud! :D

UK was pish, but not even people here ever want the UK to win, so it's aaaall good.

We definetely need someone whos going to take the piss.

Would love hearing Harry Hill having a go.

Or stay with an older guy who can be serious but wil just say the first thing tat pops into his head why not Eamon Holmes. He's great on Sky News. Even with serious stories you can tell he's thinking of a good joke or two.

Ok so here's a question for all you Eurovision fans.

If Terry Wogan does give up commentating on Eurovision who should take over?

Claire Grogan

Her simpering over-enthusiasm and toe-curling faux mid-Atlantic accent would be a perfect counterpoint for the platter of turds that is the Eurovision Song Contest.