aberdeen-music

For Sale: shitloads of CDs.

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Right. All of these for sale. The price reflects the rarity/condition of the item, though I stress all of them are pretty much in mint condition. Wee discounts are available for bulk purchases. Just send me a PM with the lot you're interested in and I'll work out a total price I'll sell for. By bulk, I mean 5 or more.

I live slap-bang in the city centre so meeting up to perform the exchange is no problem.

Sleater-Kinney - Call The Doctor. Aggressive, yet frequently sweet femme-rock. Bordering on Riot Grrrl. 4

Sleater-Kinney - Sleater-Kinney. I believe this is their first album. One or two cracking tunes on it. 4

Radiohead - Pablo Honey. 2

Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong. 4

Radiohead - Itch. 4

Wire - 154. 80s post-punk geniuses. 3

Wire - Chairs Missing. 3

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm. 3

The Sound - Shock of Daylight & Heads and Hearts. EP & LP on one CD. Criminally over-looked 80s post-punk. For fans of U2, The Chameleons. 5

Fugazi - Waiting Room. 3

Nada Surf - Let Go. 3

REM - Out of Time. 3

REM - Monster. 3

REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi. 3

REM - Automatic for the People. 3

British Sea Power - The Decline of British Sea Power. 3

British Sea Power - Open Season. 3

New Order - Get Ready. Their last good album, by all accounts. Brilliant single "Crystal" opens the album. 3

New Order - Substance. Double disc collection of some seriously tremendous songs. 5

New Order - Brotherhood. 3

New Order - Power, Corruption, and Lies. 3

The Velvet Underground and Nico - S/T. 3

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady. Has all their famous tunes on it. 2

Bob Dylan - Street Legal. His first real foray into Gospel, I believe. Some good numbers on it. 3

Bob Dylan - S/T. 3

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited. 3

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'. 3

Interpol - Antics. 3

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell. 3

Talking Heads - 77 CD + DVD. 5

The Jam - Contact Snap. A Best Of, essentially. 2

Biffy Clyro - Blackened Sky. First album from the now seemingly ubiquitous Glasgow rock trio. Oh, the front cover is signed by ALL THREE MEMBERS! 6.

Joy Division - Permanent. 3

Joy Division - Les Bains Douches. Worth it for the momentous version of "Disorder" alone. 4

The Smiths - The Smiths. Ace debut. 3

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs. One of many compilations released. 3

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead. 3

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow. 3

The Longcut - Call and Response (exclusive promo). Debut album from Manc Noise-poppers. 2

Bikini Kill - The Singles. Aggressive Riot Grrrl championed by Kurt Cobain. In fact, the singer Kathleen Hanna is responsible for the title "Smells Like Teen Spirit". True story. I'll give you the lowdown of the story AND this CD for 4

Bikini Kill - Pussy Whipped. 4

Bikini Kill - The CD Version of the First Two Records. 4

The Wedding Present - George Best Plus. 4

Josef K - Young and Stupid. Scottish arty post-punk pop. Dark and brooding. But very tuneful. 4

Yo La Tengo - Prisoners of Love. 3-disc collection. 6

Film School - Alwaysnever. 4-track EP by American Shoegazers. 2

OMD - The Best Of. A really good collection of songs actually. 2

The Fall - 50,000 Fall fans can't be wrong. 2-disc. 5

Minus The Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This EP. 6 early tracks from everybody's favourite Math-poppers. 3

Husker Du - Zen Arcade. 4

The Cure - Head on the Door. 3

The Cure - Bloodflowers. 3

The Cure - Disintegration. 3

Kitchens of Distinction - Strange Free World. Second album from London-based 80s Dream-pop band. 3

Cranes - Particles and Waves. 4

The Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk. 3

Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy. 3

Statistics - S/T. Solo album by Denver Dalley of Desaparacidos. 4

The Lemonheads - The Best Of. 3

Rough Trade Shops: Country 1. Compilation. 2-disc. 5

Guest bluesxman
Sleater-Kinney - Sleater-Kinney. I believe this is their first album. One or two cracking tunes on it. 4

I'll take that 'un Philippo

Bikini Kill - The Singles. Aggressive Riot Grrrl championed by Kurt Cobain. In fact, the singer Kathleen Hanna is responsible for the title "Smells Like Teen Spirit". True story. I'll give you the lowdown of the story AND this CD for 4

I think that might be lies. I'm fairly certain it was Tobi Vail that was responsible for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Bollocks, I was fancying those. You snooze, you lose I guess...

Yours for 20 quid :angel:

I think that might be lies. I'm fairly certain it was Tobi Vail that was responsible for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Nope, Kathleen Hanna wrote it on Kurt's wall after a night out with Dave Grohl and Tobi Vail. She wrote it as a taunt as since Kurt was infatuated with Vail, she was suggesting that he smelled like the deodorant that she used. Kurt misunderstood and thought it was a reference to a discussion that they had earlier that evening and thought it was a good title for a song.