aberdeen-music

New tune up

KimyReizeger

For the past 15 hours or so I've more-or-less neglected everything else in life and come up with this:

Jacobite Me

MySpace.com - KimyReizeger - Aberdeen, UK - Electronica / Experimental / Jazz - www.myspace.com/kimyreizeger

Kept it pretty simple, held off on audacious tricks, strive for perfection; just tried to get a well mixed, flowing groove.

Enjoy :)

Guest idol_wild

I really appreciated this track. Has a good constant sense of trajectory about it. It doesn't meander, and I liked that.

Reminded me of Alex Smoke and a bit of Holden.

Yeah, this was all about simplicity; I usually can't make flowing tracks due to getting bogged down experimenting and over-complicating. I was quite lucky to switch on radio four and instantly get prime vocal material, 'girl with the hippy hat' etc :p

Doesn't surprise me about the artists you mention, I have listened to both of them in the past.

Thanks for the comment.

I like what you have done here. It's simple, not that I mean that it's simple but that it is not extravagant. You have kept with the beat, which I think is the key in this kind of music. The use of the female voice keeps people's attention. I'd love to hear your stuff at some gigs or something, are you doing any?

The use of the female voice keeps people's attention. I'd love to hear your stuff at some gigs or something, are you doing any?

Yeah, I completely agree with the voice; it's like something you can tap into whilst 'feeling' the underlying beat (not just in my track but in general). In terms of a live thing it's something I'm considering whether or not can work, how it would work etc.

Cheers guys; more tracks pending!

Yeah, I completely agree with the voice; it's like something you can tap into whilst 'feeling' the underlying beat (not just in my track but in general). In terms of a live thing it's something I'm considering whether or not can work, how it would work etc.

Cheers guys; more tracks pending!

I like it. Got a nice polished finish about it. What is also good is that it's obvious (at least to me) that you wrote it, the style is consistent with your other work.

Started trying to get a live track together last night and there are lots of choices and decisions to be made like were you want to play melody/percussion etc live and what to have sequenced, how easy is it to manipulate your sequenced tracks should you want to embellish on a whim and does the way it is arranged within the sequencer (not really an issue if you are using a laptop) help or hinder this. I think you could make it work live, perhaps it will take a little effort but would definitely be worth it. I think it would probably help focus ideas to make them flow between each other as you plan their composition based on live performace and how they mix together. Maybe some extra live percussion could be good too!

Started trying to get a live track together last night and there are lots of choices and decisions to be made like were you want to play melody/percussion etc live and what to have sequenced, how easy is it to manipulate your sequenced tracks should you want to embellish on a whim and does the way it is arranged within the sequencer (not really an issue if you are using a laptop) help or hinder this. I think you could make it work live, perhaps it will take a little effort but would definitely be worth it. I think it would probably help focus ideas to make them flow between each other as you plan their composition based on live performace and how they mix together. Maybe some extra live percussion could be good too!

I think if I ever try something live it will involve the ability to alter and affect anything individually playing at any point in the mix, and also the mix as a whole. Pretty simple but you have draw a limitation somewhere or you'll just get lost. The main point is figuring how it all comes together, why and how a particular sound should be changed live; if you think it through properly you should reach some kind of intuitive set-up.

This guy has some pretty good ideas concerning organisation of sounds in ableton:

My set-up is pretty simple at the moment and basically consists of a Novation Xiosynth and ableton live. I really don't use much else apart from these for the bulk of my tunes, mainly because I have gotten used to and reasonably good at using them...currently seeking to add something new and exciting though.

Cheers for listening!