aberdeen-music

Dinosaur Jr - A WARNING!!!

Guest Steven Dedalus

Guest Steven Dedalus

Hello!

Last night I saw Dinosaur Jr. I was right at the front, facing J Mascis' stack of NINE amplifiers.

I may never hear anything ever again....

If you're going to see them:

WEAR EARPLUGS!

Please.

Other than that, they were pretty good.

Guest Steven Dedalus
i'm going to see them this weekend

psyched, pumped, yes!

i don't have earplugs though, i'll have to distance myself from the front

Like, seriuosly. I can't stress how loud they were.

During the first song, I felt physically sick!

The best place to hear the gig was outside the venue!

They were truly rocking and played a total wish list of songs.

I've never seen them, but I would like to, my ears can take it. The loudest gig I've ever been at was that shite indie band that supported The Whip at the Tunnels a couple of months ago. It's like they thought that by being really loud everyone would think they are really cool and not notice they are ding. Fucking ridiculous. I was right at the back of the venue and I couldn't hear a word my mates were saying, it was actually painful. The Whip played at a fine volume. I was down the front for them and I could hear my mates talking shite fine.

Guest idol_wild
i also will be seeing them TWICE this weekend - only i will be right down the front screaming the lyrics and rocking out.

SO WILL I.

YOU AND I WILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL ATP SEX THIS WEEKEND.

It'll be marvelous.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Here's what Belfast got as a rough setlist, so look out!

Almost Ready

Repulsion

??

Pick Me Up

??

Out There

??

The Wagon

Feel The Pain

Freak Scene

Forget The Swan

Kracked

Sludgefeast

-----------------

Just Like Heaven

????

Guest Steven Dedalus

Worst thing is...I need my ears for work. I work in the radio. I had to go and interview Ballet dancers, and Craig from the Hold Steady, and I'm not sure what any of them were saying...

I went to see Dinosaur Jr two years ago in Edinburgh (been to see them about five times in total). The noise level was insane. I remember when the solo to the first song kicked in it felt as if my teeth and my spinal chord were rattling around and my ears were bleeding. I had to rush to the back of the room to escape, and remained there for the rest of the set.

I love Dinosaur jr, but I did feel that was slightly over the top.

Guest Steven Dedalus
I tend to wear earplugs to any gig that I know is going to be vaguely loud, and I usually take them with me anyway just in case.

It might well be seen as "wimpish", but I'd rather be able to hear the following day (and indeed in 30 years' time) than be perceived as "hard".

I always prided myself on my punkrock credentials, and never wore earplugs to anything, especially my own gigs.

I now can't hear in my right ear.

Who's laughing now?

I have no idea, as I can't hear.

I tend to wear earplugs to any gig that I know is going to be vaguely loud, and I usually take them with me anyway just in case.

It might well be seen as "wimpish", but I'd rather be able to hear the following day (and indeed in 30 years' time) than be perceived as "hard".

Jesus wouldn't wear earplugs at gigs.