aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Banchory Academy get in the news...

The 6th year pupils were sent home as some of them were drinking. I always thought that was a given on the last day of term...

Yesterday was their last day of term.

Total heroes :love:

In other news we had the day off school yesterday because someone vandalised a water main. Rapscallions :up:

Doesn't everyone sneak booze into school and get drunk on their last day? Am I a total dreg for thinking that's what always happens?

i dont think there was much 'sneaking' involved. think they were quite openly getting pished in their common room. i also heard that they took down rooftiles and used it as a picnic blanket which makes little to no sense.

4 years and 2 days since my last day at school. We didn't do anything major but it was a laugh. Head teacher wasn't too impressed when we brought out the sex dolls

' date=' post: 468037"']i dont think there was much 'sneaking' involved. think they were quite openly getting pished in their common room. i also heard that they took down rooftiles and used it as a picnic blanket which makes little to no sense.

ok right

my sister was in that year nd i was there. There were 4 bottles of champagne shared between 30 pupils out on a playing feild about 1/2 a mile away from the school an hour and a half before school even started. Nobody got pissed in the common room, they didn't even get that far. They decided to suspend the whole of S6 before most of them even got to school. Teachers were going up to S6's in the coridoor and screaming at them to get out without giving them an explanation. They made lots of girls cry and ruined a bit of fun. The janitors (who had to clean up the turf) thought it was funny and so did most of the teachers. The cost of damages went up and down over the day ranging from 80-1000, they could'nt make their minds up. The tiles weren't used as a rug, they were made into a very nice patio area and weren't damaged but put back into the roof.Considering they only cost 2.50 to buy and only 12 were taken down I'm not sure where they managed to get 1000 worth of damage from.

"haha. yeah the boy who got arrested pissed in the common room apparently."

The boy who got arrested did nothing but say "ok" sarcastically when a policeman said "do you want me to arrest you". He was 17 and they put cuffs on him without him putting up any kind of fight. My sister filmed the whole thing and took heaps of pictures as well. Senior Management got to the point of taking peoples cameras off them and wiping their memory cards which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

Hope thats cleared up any rumours and thank you to banchory academy who've given us the rope to hang them with.

ok right

my sister was in that year nd i was there. There were 4 bottles of champagne shared between 30 pupils out on a playing feild about 1/2 a mile away from the school an hour and a half before school even started. Nobody got pissed in the common room, they didn't even get that far. They decided to suspend the whole of S6 before most of them even got to school. Teachers were going up to S6's in the coridoor and screaming at them to get out without giving them an explanation. They made lots of girls cry and ruined a bit of fun. The janitors (who had to clean up the turf) thought it was funny and so did most of the teachers. The cost of damages went up and down over the day ranging from 80-1000, they could'nt make their minds up. The tiles weren't used as a rug, they were made into a very nice patio area and weren't damaged but put back into the roof.Considering they only cost 2.50 to buy and only 12 were taken down I'm not sure where they managed to get 1000 worth of damage from.

The boy who got arrested did nothing but say "ok" sarcastically when a policeman said "do you want me to arrest you". He was 17 and they put cuffs on him without him putting up any kind of fight. My sister filmed the whole thing and took heaps of pictures as well. Senior Management got to the point of taking peoples cameras off them and wiping their memory cards which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

Hope thats cleared up any rumours and thank you to banchory academy who've given us the rope to hang them with.

That actually sounds like the way the police behave nowadays. Targets and all that jazz.

Hilarious prank, how did you manage to carry it all? Although who the hell decides to drink champagne at half 7 in the morning or whatever?

On hour last day of school we threw water balloons at the younger years.

Seriously, that's all we did. It was fucking shit.

On hour last day of school we threw water balloons at the younger years.

Seriously, that's all we did. It was fucking shit.

Amen to that. Although it was fun watching the little bastards run.

ok right

oh right. very well. i have it on pretty good authority that somebody got arrested for taking a piss somewhere though. maybe not.

it also said in the p+j that 150 of turf off ebay? care to clear that one up for me? you guys just really commited to the cause?

dont get me wrong though, great idea.

on our last day we had a slip and slide which was awesome. didnt cause us to get into any trouble either which was good too.

' date=' post: 468045"']

it also said in the p+j that 150 of turf off ebay?

That's quite a good price!

Got the URL for it? - I need to redo my front lawn. Maybe pay the students to returf it for me - give them a taste for the McJobs they'll be doing from now on in :laughing:

' date=' post: 468045"']oh right. very well. i have it on pretty good authority that somebody got arrested for taking a piss somewhere though. maybe not.

it also said in the p+j that 150 of turf off ebay? care to clear that one up for me? you guys just really commited to the cause?

dont get me wrong though, great idea.

on our last day we had a slip and slide which was awesome. didnt cause us to get into any trouble either which was good too.

as an s6 at banchory academy i can say for definite that no one got arrested for taking a piss!

the turf did cost about 150 from ebay- each s6 pad 1.50 for it so wasnt too expensive between us!

I didn't finish 6th year so I have no idea what happened on the last day of my school. Though since I went to Fraserburgh Academy, it probably involved heroin and/or fish.

Edit* I just realised that was 12 years ago, which makes me now feel very very old.

Haha, I heard this on Radio 1 at tea time last night. I was convinced she was gonna say 'St Machar Academy' when she mentioned Aberdeen.

Our year got sent home on our last day too but I was geeking up on Geography and kept out of it.

No one in my school longed to be an american...

That's an astute observation...when I were a lad (Jurassic Era), we didn't have any of that pretentious Yearbook and Prom pish - we just got kicked tae fuck oot the door.

Wonder how long it'll be before some student/pupil wanders in with a Mac 10 and goes postal over here.

I'm all for adoption/absorbing elements of other cultures, but that comercially driven/illiterate/all-you-can-eat/flag-waving U.S. of bloated A shite can get itself to fuck.

That's an astute observation...when I were a lad (Jurassic Era), we didn't have any of that pretentious Yearbook and Prom pish - we just got kicked tae fuck oot the door.

Wonder how long it'll be before some student/pupil wanders in with a Mac 10 and goes postal over here.

I'm all for adoption/absorbing elements of other cultures, but that comercially driven/illiterate/all-you-can-eat/flag-waving U.S. of bloated A shite can get itself to fuck.

No we didn't have any of that stuff either, though they introduced the Senior Prom / yearbook thing a few years after I left I think. Anyway, I always wanted to go to Bayside High, with Zack and Kelly, so I could go to pep rallies and hit on cheerleaders and eat burgers in the Max.

Not really, but I did always think that was a severe lack of school spirit. Most folk I knew couldn't have given less of a fuck about the place.

This story made me realise it's 10 years since I left Banchory Academy (unless my maths is failing me which could be true because that's probably the last time I did any maths other than counting down from 501)

I think on that day I sat in the the (then) unturfed Coffee Bar listening to Metallica.......REALLY LOUD!