aberdeen-music

Elliott Smith

lovers_spit

• 4 months later...

Want to hear one of my all time biggest regrets? Reading Festival 2000. On the Saturday I was kinda milling around at the main stage, Slipknot came on, and I don't like them, so I went for some chips, went on the big wheel, and generally just dicked around until Slipknot fucked off. During the time I was eating chips and on the big wheel, I later found out Elliott Smith was playing in the Radio 1 tent about 200 metres from me. At the time I didn't know who he was, but now I'm like "holy shit, I was watching fucking Slipknot, while one of my idols (who is now dead, and who I never saw live) was playing metres away from me". :down:

• Upvote 1

Want to hear one of my all time biggest regrets? Reading Festival 2000. On the Saturday I was kinda milling around at the main stage, Slipknot came on, and I don't like them, so I went for some chips, went on the big wheel, and generally just dicked around until Slipknot fucked off. During the time I was eating chips and on the big wheel, I later found out Elliott Smith was playing in the Radio 1 tent about 200 metres from me. At the time I didn't know who he was, but now I'm like "holy shit, I was watching fucking Slipknot, while one of my idols (who is now dead, and who I never saw live) was playing metres away from me". :down:

Very similar story for me, however i cant remember who i was watching ......obviously someone earth shattering :(. It wasnt til 2 years later i watched the Royal Tenenbaums that i discovered Elliott Smith and have been hooked ever since. Clearly there is no god! ha!

Anyone no how to get hold of the documentary they made? "Searching for Elliott Smith" i think it was called?

• 10 months later...