aberdeen-music

The Wachowski Bro's?

Jim Stax

Smart arse guys with some genius tendencies that spoil films by trying to be too clever? Speed Racer looks amazing but the business talk about company take over and shares etc seems very misplaced in what boils down to a kids film. "Look at us, we did potted philosophy in the matrix and now business 101 in our latest movie, see we really are clever". Get the feeling they read a book from the self help and business sections of Borders and then wedge ideas into what could be very entertaining films in an attempt to show intellect. Proving to all 13year olds that they are very very smart even though they didn't study at school...

I'm struggling to work out what this post is all about..... you've confused me.... are you one of the Wachowski Bro's?

hehe

Just a rant really but having watched Speed Racer yesterday with the family I was miffed at their need to stuff a (kids) film with big business reference's that made the plot messy. A failing of theirs that spoiled matrix 2 and 3.

Granted it's not the most important thread in the world :)

Guest Donald
Smart arse guys with some genius tendencies that spoil films by trying to be too clever? Speed Racer looks amazing but the business talk about company take over and shares etc seems very misplaced in what boils down to a kids film. "Look at us, we did potted philosophy in the matrix and now business 101 in our latest movie, see we really are clever". Get the feeling they read a book from the self help and business sections of Borders and then wedge ideas into what could be very entertaining films in an attempt to show intellect. Proving to all 13year olds that they are very very smart even though they didn't study at school...

What books do you suppose they were reading when they wrote 'Bound' then Jim?

I really enjoyed the first Matrix film but I felt like the second and especially the third was just about those two trying to show how clever they are and lying in a big pile of money while basically tossing each other off.

Same, though I didn't bother even attempting the 2nd and 3rd. I mention it purely because I flicked on momentarily to one of them last week only to witness an incredibly cringey, Braveheart-esque 'they'll-never-take-oor-freedom!!'-style speech from one manny driving a robot to other mannies driving robots. Total cheese, remarkable considering the 1st one's success.