aberdeen-music

new metallica snippet

boom stick

Well it's a million times better than St Anger anyway, though that's not saying much. I gave up on Metallica years ago, Load and Reload were both absolute shite, then St Anger somehow managed to actually be worse. Then when they acted like a bunch of little bitches with the whole Napster thing, and I just thought fuck them. Ride The Lightning or Puppets are worth a spin now and again for a bit of nostalgia but I'm not interested in listening to anything new, unless I download it for free just to piss off Lars Ulrich.

• Upvote 1

Well, it does sound better than anything on the musical abortion that is "St. Anger," but lets be honest, that's not very hard...

I don't really have any real anticipation for this album as, like others, I'm not down with anything they did post-AJFA. I likely won't pay for this one either.

I know it's a really short clip and all, but the lyrics on it sound like they were written by a twelve year old.

Murrr Well, it does sound better than anything on the musical abortion that is "St. Anger," but lets be honest, that's not very hard...

I don't really have any real anticipation for this album as, like others, I'm not down with anything they did post-AJFA. I likely won't pay for this one either.

I know it's a really short clip and all, but the lyrics on it sound like they were written by a twelve year old.

they are writing songs FOR twelve year olds, thats why their musics shit now! all the fans of their earlier stuff are too old(i.e not teenagers) for them to be a viable target market, cmon this IS metallica, they need ALL the kiddies money!

I think I'm the only person who really doesn't like AJFA. It just doesn't sound good. I can't get past how flat and lifeless it sounds to ever give the songs a chance. I love everything before it though.

Load and Reload each have about a 40/60 percent ratio of good/shit. Combining the great songs from each leaves you with a stonking record. Sure, it's not thrash, but it's still awesome bluesy rock, which I dig. The rhythm guitar playing is just something else. His vocals progressed a hell of alot after AJFA too. The melodies are great.

S&M was Metallica's attempt to appeal to Mums and Dads, and St Anger was one of the worlds longest and most expensive practical jokes. The only good that came from the latter is Some Kind Of Monster on DVD, which is probably better than Spinal Tap.

I don't understand how James wrote great lyrics from the mid 80s through to the late 90s. And then all of a sudden... BOOM! 15 year old "my-first-lyrics-syndrome" suddenly kicked in after the millennium.

And his vocals have no agression in them anymore. They sound like fucking kareoke.

I thought St Anger was ok, even though at the same time I agree it's a terrible album. I acutally went back to Load for the first time in 4 years and thought "hey, this ain't too bad". Sounds like they are going to Black album era which is ok I suppose.

For the record... KEA>RTL>AJFA>MOP>BLACK

I thought St Anger was ok, even though at the same time I agree it's a terrible album. I acutally went back to Load for the first time in 4 years and thought "hey, this ain't too bad". Sounds like they are going to Black album era which is ok I suppose.

I agree and think St. Anger was OK but I had to listen to it quite a few times to get into it. Nothing will beat Master of Puppets which really caught the band at their best.

The only reason that puts me off 'buying' Metallica albums now is their blatant greed shown to the world during the Napster case.

Lightning > Puppets > Justice > Kill Em All > Black

The stuff post Black album isn't worth mentioning

Black album has like, two good songs. The production on some songs sounds like Lars crept in to the studio one night and turned the snare up on a small handful of songs, but not all of them.

The better songs from Load and Reload cane the Black Album.

2x4 is one of my favourite 'Tallica jams. It has groove a mile wide.