aberdeen-music

Opal Fruits are back!

Lemonade

Bringing old products back seems to be a popular marketing ploy in the confectionary industry. Do you think they will stay as Opal Fruits, or just for a limited time until people get bored again. I mean, Wispas seem to have disappeared again.

Bringing old products back seems to be a popular marketing ploy in the confectionary industry. Do you think they will stay as Opal Fruits, or just for a limited time until people get bored again. I mean, Wispas seem to have disappeared again.

It's meant to be only for 3 months, I agree with you that it is getting a bit old hat, if I hear one more person bleating on about Creamola Foam I'm going to kick fuck out of them. For a start NO parent would give their child that shite to drink in this health-conscious day and age - it was akin to just pouring sugar into their mouth! Plus, nostalgia aside, it tasted wank.

I bought some... Pound for a bag. Why'd they get rid of them in the first place?!

Is it just me or do they taste better as Opal Fruits?!

They were branded Starburst in the US, so the organisation decided to brand them as Starburst in the UK as well to save money on advertising/production/design etc etc...

What's next? Cif changing back to Jif...?

Snickers sounds crappy, and too American...Marathon was better.

(I liked Creamola foam....please don't batter me)

Don't suppose anybody remembers tonibell miniballs.....apparently there was a version which was ice cream with a ball of gum in it, but the kind I recall was a liittle plastic football full of ice cream, with a screw off lid. Handy for playground kick abouts, until some Rougvie-esque type flattened it.

Stuff I used to like that's dissapeared:

Strawberry Split

Screwball

Tudor Crisps

Ringos

Fuse bars

Spira bars

Wham bars

Hubba Bubba juice

Tab Clear

You still get Wham bars. I have some in my cupboard. Have they done any with Screwballs? I was craving one the other day.

the things i miss most are Zapp ice lollies and a sweet that i think was called Mars Secrets (dont hold me to that).it was like a chocolate nest on the outside wih a soft noughat on the inside.no one seems to know what im on about when i describe it.maybe they never existed and its all in my mind...

Snickers sounds crappy, and too American...Marathon was better.

(I liked Creamola foam....please don't batter me)

Don't suppose anybody remembers tonibell miniballs.....apparently there was a version which was ice cream with a ball of gum in it, but the kind I recall was a liittle plastic football full of ice cream, with a screw off lid. Handy for playground kick abouts, until some Rougvie-esque type flattened it.

Cremola foam is something I want to taste again before I die.

Tab Clear

I was just talking about this stuff the other day.

I freaking loved that stuff.

Someone was telling me it came in a clear plastic tin but i don't remember that as i always just bought the 2L bottles.

As for Wham bars i loved them but only ever ate one when i was a kid when i had a loose tooth.

Guaranteed to pull the bugger out.