aberdeen-music

***Staff Required For Snafu***

Wax

We are looking to add the following to our team:

P/T or F/T Bar Supervisor Required

Snafu are looking for a Bar Supervisor to join our progressive and forward-thinking team. Having just been awarded Theme Magazines Late Night Bar 2008 (Scotland), we require a creative and ambitious individual to share a workload that incorporates everything from the usual administration to designing new cocktail menus and training staff.

You will ideally have at least 6 months experience in a similar role, a good knowledge of cocktails and preparation methods, awareness of market/product trends and the ability to lead a team by example.

Personally, you will have good banter, a liking for rum (not essential, but come on, how can you not like it??), confidence (or arrogance?) that your Mojito is the best and, lastly (but very important), a good work ethic.

The rate of pay, although competitive, will only be disclosed in the interview stages.

Please apply in writing, attaching a CV, to Adrian Gomes (GM): gomes@clubsnafu.com

P/T Bar Staff & Mixologists

As it says on the tin, ideally you will have experience in cocktails and at least 1 year working behind a bar (i.e. you know how to pull a pint efficiently and know that lime not lemon goes in a gin and tonic!).

P/T Glass Collectors

For those without bar experience, looking to learn - you need to begin somewhere!

Please apply in writing, attaching a CV, to Adrian Gomes (GM): gomes@clubsnafu.com

Guest Neutral
We are looking to add the following to our team:

P/T or F/T Bar Supervisor Required

Snafu are looking for a Bar Supervisor to join our progressive and forward-thinking team. Having just been awarded Theme Magazines Late Night Bar 2008 (Scotland), we require a creative and ambitious individual to share a workload that incorporates everything from the usual administration to designing new cocktail menus and training staff.

You will ideally have at least 6 months experience in a similar role, a good knowledge of cocktails and preparation methods, awareness of market/product trends and the ability to lead a team by example.

Personally, you will have good banter, a liking for rum (not essential, but come on, how can you not like it??), confidence (or arrogance?) that your Mojito is the best and, lastly (but very important), a good work ethic.

The rate of pay, although competitive, will only be disclosed in the interview stages.

P/T Bar Staff & Mixologists

As it says on the tin, ideally you will have experience in cocktails and at least 1 year working behind a bar (i.e. you know how to pull a pint efficiently and know that lime not lemon goes in a gin and tonic!).

P/T Glass Collectors

For those without bar experience, looking to learn - you need to begin somewhere!

What sort of qualifications and experience should I be looking for to put on a CV for the Glass Collector position?

If you need to ask, then you possibly don't fit the bill!

We're interested in everything - grades (maths, english, etc.), other experience, hobbies, part-time courses, current university course. It's not just about picking up a glass and washing it.

If you need to ask, then you possibly don't fit the bill!

We're interested in everything - grades (maths, english, etc.), other experience, hobbies, part-time courses, current university course. It's not just about picking up a glass and washing it.

It's alright, he is an absolute imbecile. Just ignore him.

What is the pay like for a glass collector these days?

Round about the 5.50 mark i think. Different bars, different wage but i would say that is a good average.

Not bad money at all, really, especially if it's paid to those under 22. I remeber a place where I once worked had a very interesting approach to glass collecting - the attitude was that glasses should only be collected if the bar wasn't busy, and that the bar itself shouldn't get cleaned until after the night was finished. Used to get rather entertaining watching people complain about being served in the 'wrong' glasses because all the other ones were lying dirty around the place.

Didn't help that the manager was also an incredibly negative person who had no interest in answering questions when the place was quiet - and a supervisor who likewise had a terrible attitude. Things got so bad that before I handed my notice in, the supervisor in question managed to create a huge problem by stepping in to 'deal' with someone that I was talking to. The person in question had too much to drink, and I was simply telling them in a polite way that although I thought they had too much to drink, they were welcome to get a soft drink or water. They agreed, when she came storming up and started shouting at him that he had too much to drink and to get away from the bar. Absolutely disgraceful attitude - and of course, being drunk, he told her exactly what he thought of her, then left with a large group of his friends.

Oh, and the place would overrule us bar staff when it came to serving alcohol to people who obviously had too much. And a notable night at an 18th birthday party where we were ordered to serve all guests and 'not to ask questions' about their age.

Guest Neutral
It's alright, he is an absolute imbecile. Just ignore him.

What is the pay like for a glass collector these days?

Wow, what a classic post someone applaud for the chap above, moron

Wow, what a classic post someone applaud for the chap above, moron

What? And your wonderful piece of informative and interesting text was a "classic post" too i suppose? Was there even a point to your initial post other than to be condescending? As it happens asking for qualifications and experience on any job advert, regardless of the position, is beneficial as an insight into the person that you're dealing with. But then you know that already and were just being facetious.

You are a fucking idiot. You're a sensationalist, reactionary clown with nothing better to do than to pick holes in what people say on the internet. Get a life.

What? And your wonderful piece of informative and interesting text was a "classic post" too i suppose? Was there even a point to your initial post other than to be condescending? As it happens asking for qualifications and experience on any job advert, regardless of the position, is beneficial as an insight into the person that you're dealing with. But then you know that already and were just being facetious

He works in the bar trade. Maybe he's looking to switch from the doors to the bar and is genuinely interested in the job?

Are you being serious? We both know what he's like and he most certainly is not looking for a job as a glass collector.

Half serious, devil's advocate maybe. Perhaps the sunny weather and the fact I'm going on holiday in less than a week is making me see the good in people today.

Either way none of this is helping Snafu's recruitment efforts. If you don't like his posts just ignore them, if you think he's trying to antagonise people then he'll be looking for a reaction.

Wow, I love it when threads get hijacked and everyone turns on each other! Well, back to the point. The term "mixologist" is applied to someone who has a creative talent in making cocktails and sussing out which ingredients go best together. A mixologist and a bartender are as different as a chef and a microwave technician! We're not being pretentious in advertising a mixologist role. Anyone who comes to Snafu knows that we take cocktails quite serious and you need to know more than how to pour a pint to get through the average busy night here.

However, feel free to disagree and start ripping the fuck out of each other again...

Wow, I love it when threads get hijacked and everyone turns on each other! Well, back to the point. The term "mixologist" is applied to someone who has a creative talent in making cocktails and sussing out which ingredients go best together. A mixologist and a bartender are as different as a chef and a microwave technician! We're not being pretentious in advertising a mixologist role. Anyone who comes to Snafu knows that we take cocktails quite serious and you need to know more than how to pour a pint to get through the average busy night here.

However, feel free to disagree and start ripping the fuck out of each other again...

I'll leave them to "rip the fuck out of each other". Mixologist still made me laugh though - it's still a bartender to me.

I assumed 'mixologist' was a Tom Cruise in 'Cocktail' type, whereas 'bartender' is more of a Jack Duckworth in Coronation St.

I tend to frequent the Jack Duckworth type places.....although I once had a cocktail in 1973 (if you call a tequila sunrise a cocktail??).

Cocktails, tattoos, piercings, shell suits, burberry hoodies, 'dance'music, those stretchy earhole thingies, mobile phones, emo glasses etc.........to think I missed out on all these great youth trends :(

*stirs*

I like the taps

I would like to say it's shite, so folk are put aff, and it's nice and empty, but it's rather good if the right DJs are holding it together... nae bad bands tae... Mondays and Thursdays leave Tuesdays and Fridays lost forever .

Wax, you got any flairtenders at Snafu?

A couple of the guys are into flairing but as a general rule, they do this in their own time. Nothing worse than a full bar waiting to get served and bar staff are flipping bottles over their shoulders. Not knocking it, it's just not what we're about.