aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

boris johnson

I gave-up on the buffoon after he published some "literature" in his magazine that advocated the Final Solution for Scots.

Otherwise, he is a well-connected MP n'all.

Ken Livingstone's no stranger to HIGNFY, so there's no way anyone can condemn Johnson for appearing on the programme as well.

That's not the point, the point is boris johnston is a certifiable cretin.

I'm utterly delighted Livingstone has been given the boot and someone with sensible policies has been elected.

The real bad news is that the BNP won a seat on the Assembly, but at least they didn't get the two that many pundits predicted.

I'm sure the BNP will be quite delighted with the choice of mayor. They've got an Imperial throwback who want to "begin the reBritannification of Britain". He also referred to black people as 'picaninnies' with 'water-melon smiles'. And then of course there was this one -

""It is time to reassert British values. That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem."

This cheeky chappie is now the figurehead for our country's capital. That's not funny, that's dangerous.

To be perfectly honest, I'm just glad to see Red Ken's smug smile wiped off his face.

Boris Johnson is a bit of a joke but that's why I like him. It puts a bit of comedy back into politics which at the moment needs it.

It puts a bit of comedy back into politics which at the moment needs it.

I would have thought we need politics back in politics, not comedy or personality or charisma. These are meant to be civil servants not celebrities.

I would have thought we need politics back in politics, not comedy or personality or charisma. These are meant to be civil servants not celebrities.

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever said! Following the English local council elections it looks as if the country (well Englandshire anyway) is heading back towards conservative and given the current atmosphere I reckon an unfortunate increase in racism.

Well, why bring up the point he's a quiz show panellist if it's "not the point"?

because it illustrates the fact that he's got more talent as a gormless comedian than as a politician.

The rest of your post is so far off the mark it's not even funny.

I may put off my dream-move to London for a few years. What a joke.

King Brooker speaks the truth: I don't care what Ken Livingstone does - I'll still vote for him if it stops Boris Johnson becoming mayor | Comment is free | The Guardian

I was just about to post the exact same article, good job :up:

Probably one of the funniest and most on the money articles I've read for ages. Boris Johnson is up there with Lembit Opik in the stupid celebrity Politician stakes. Boris Johnson isn't funny, or wacky, he's a moron with some appaling views.

he'll do or say something utterly stupid in no time and be forced to resign, the only good that might come of this is he will embarass the conservatives even more.

how can you not like the conservatives Stripey?

Keeping the rich rich, and the poor, poor

They're great

And how could lovely old boris johnson with his floppy hair do any harm to anything or anyone?

He couldn't.

I was just about to post the exact same article, good job :up:

Probably one of the funniest and most on the money articles I've read for ages. Boris Johnson is up there with Lembit Opik in the stupid celebrity Politician stakes. Boris Johnson isn't funny, or wacky, he's a moron with some appaling views.

LEGERND!!! LOLZ!!!

Yeah, I seem to agree with Brooker about everything.

LEGERND!!! LOLZ!!!

Yeah, I seem to agree with Brooker about everything.

His Screenwipe show is possibly one fo the best things on television for years. They're all on YouTube as well which is brilliant!

His Screenwipe show is possibly one fo the best things on television for years. They're all on YouTube as well which is brilliant!

I've wasted many hours walking Screenwipe on youtube, because I always seem to miss it on the telly.

Yeh but I don't live in Vietnam, Iraq or 1930's Germany either. I'm still interested.

Which is fair enough. I just find it funny that people are arguing over all this like they were the ones voting.

Why do any of you care? None of you even live in London.

it's the capital city of the nation, it's the UK's face on the international stage...

To be perfectly honest, I'm just glad to see Red Ken's smug smile wiped off his face.

Boris Johnson is a bit of a joke but that's why I like him. It puts a bit of comedy back into politics which at the moment needs it.

Politics needs MOAR LULZ? Just watch your average House of Commons debate - a complete fucking joke.

Events in London do filter down...

...though I personally don't give a fuck about his congestion policies :p

I was hoping to move there in about two years, but who knows, he might be forced to resign by then :D

I love Screenwipe, love the guy who uploaded all the episodes too, caught up on ones I missed. Plus lovely lovely Matt Berry made the odd appearance on there. Niiiiice.

I would have thought we need politics back in politics, not comedy or personality or charisma. .

I would think the Mayor of London certainly does need charisma. Good leaders need charisma. You can have the most politically sound views in the world, but if you don't have charisma you won't get very far.

he will embarass the conservatives even more.

Che? Isn't it Labour who are getting embarassed at the moment?

---

I think Boris Johnson got in on the basis that he isn't Ken Livingstone, which is never a good thing in Politics. However, he did win, the people voted for him and fair play to him.

He'll probably arse it up though.