aberdeen-music

Proof that Madonna sucks now.

Lemonade

Not only can she not sing in tune any more she can't even lip sync in time to her own song.

YouTube - Madonna: Hung Up [Live, Roseland - New York]

Edit - though apparenty she slipped in a Pantera riff at 4.30 - I wouldn't know, not being a Pantera fan, perhaps someone could confirm.

oh lord, that is just plain awful.

I guess what I object to most is the use of the trappings/ gestures of a "guitar god" while being less than average (the hendrixesque poses etc), the punters in audience probably wouldn't know the difference anyway(between madaonna and hendrix).

It's all very contrived.

The hook in the song is an abba rip off so it was never going to turn into anything good, let's face it.

oh lord, that is just plain awful.

I guess what I object to most is the use of the trappings/ gestures of a "guitar god" while being less than average (the hendrixesque poses etc), the punters in audience probably wouldn't know the difference anyway(between madaonna and hendrix).

It's all very contrived.

The hook in the song is an abba rip off so it was never going to turn into anything good, let's face it.

It is an Abba hook. Madonna asked them for permission

Madonna paid them mucho dinero for the 'privilege'

And anyway loads of old dudes are learning guitar instead of taking up gowff

Excellent news for us!!!! (although I'm sliding into "Old Dude" territory now myself) - it means that this time next year, the 2nd-hand market will be flooded with mid-to-high end guitars and amps.

The geriatric auld cunts will quickly realiase realise that in the same way a 5000 set of Pings won't get you round St Andrews 3 under par on their own - mere ownership 2500 worth of PRS doesn't mean you can play "For The Love of God" without years of practice.

Watch this space :popcorn:

I concur. I started learning guitar at 14 when I was quite happy to sit for hours on end every single day practising, practising, practising. Now my guitar is lucky if it gets picked up for half an hour every day since I have other things that take up my time, like a job, and a girlfriend, and keeping a flat. I've tried learning other instruments now I'm hurtling towards 30, but I just don't have the time or the patience to get good. Though I did manage to teach myself to speak Spanish a couple of years ago, which was a surprise. Such was the joys of working nightshift with nothing to do for 8 hours.

• 2 weeks later...