aberdeen-music

Proof that Madonna sucks now.

Lemonade

looks like madonna's flicked through one issue of Total Guitar magazine and picked up a guitar! just show's you can have all the quality gear, a full team of sound engineers and a huge stage but its still up to the player to make a guitar sound good!!

i hear next week she's goin to splice a bad rendition of master of puppets to material girl once she's nailed the riff...... i know as she told me personally when i sold her my boss metal zone. :up:

I'd like to get a machete and hack off those repulsive stringy arms of hers.

And I thing that guitar's in some sort of open tuning - the calling card of the non-guitarist.

Edit : scrub that first line - I've just come to the bit where she's "impressing" us with her scraping techinique - I like to take the guitar and bash her peroxide head to a pulp instead - she's holding the pick like she's taking a used tampon to the waste bin.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to get a machete and hack off those repulsive stringy arms of hers.

And I thing that guitar's in some sort of open tuning - the calling card of the non-guitarist.

Edit : scrub that first line - I've just come to the bit where she's "impressing" us with her scraping techinique - I like to take the guitar and bash her peroxide head to a pulp instead - she's holding the pick like she's taking a used tampon to the waste bin.

L O FUCKING L :laughing:

off topic but

what a load of shit. seriously. a load of shit.

Robert Johnson

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Sonic Youth

John Squire

JONI MITCHELL

JIMI HENDRIX

Michael Chapman

...me

Everyone on that list is a non-guitarist yeah?

I'll get more the point Diesel was implying:-

"And I think that guitar's in some sort of open tuning - the calling card of the non-guitarist when "utilized" in such an abysmal manner by someone like her to pretend to play something like Pantera!"

Or something like that :laughing:

Indeed. I would hardly think that Diesel is referring to people like Steve Vai writing a song in an open tune as suddenly incompitent.

Basically an open tuning can be open to abuse by talented fucks who have no chord knowledge.

*on a different subject *

Im listening to a Linkin park song called "Shadow of the day" fucking hell! It is "street with no name" by U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isn't this just her cottoning onto, several years late, the fact that "the kids" aren't down with the 90's studio-pop, music video driven aesthetic anymore and want to see people pretending to play instruments again?

Fuck, it's like watching your mum pretending to be avril lavigne.

• Upvote 1

off topic but

Robert Johnson

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Sonic Youth

John Squire

JONI MITCHELL

JIMI HENDRIX

Michael Chapman

...me

Thank you Hog and HateEvent - that's EXACTLY what I meant.

off topic but

Robert Johnson

Jimmy Page

Keith Richards

Sonic Youth

John Squire

JONI MITCHELL

JIMI HENDRIX

Michael Chapman

...me

Duuude, calm yer doos. Pinch of salt and all that?

I dont even know why people are even reacting so badly to my statement.

wasn't intended to be aggressive

i was just making a point.

No bad reaction on my part, just want folks to understand that as a guitarist myself, I take exception to some commercially-driven, past-it old boot using the instrument I love as a fucking fashion accessory. I certainly meant no insult to guitarists who use the technique (e.g. for slide)

Kind of reminds me of a neighbour of mine (female) who would walk around town with motorcycle helmet and a handbag - she didn't own a bike or a scooter or even a have interest in bikes - she just wanted be "cool" with the in-crowd biker set at the time.

Madonna will dump that guitar when it no longer makes commercial sense or when not enough photos appear in the gossip mags.

She's had her day in the sun, time to grow old gracefully.