aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
all_his_engines

New NO PASARAN tracks.....

We've been doing some recording over the last couple of weeks, and have got two new tracks up on the myspace. One is our new song "Acrobats" and the other is a proper recording of our tune "Landing Light". Feedback of all kinds is warmly welcomed.

MySpace.com - No Pasaran - Aberdeen, UK - Americana / Indie / Country - www.myspace.com/nopasaran1

Guest idol_wild

I think these two tracks underline the simple fact that No Pasaran, as a collective, are among the finest songwriters that I have heard in Scotland right now.

Landing Light is fucking delicious. Malcolm gives so much on his vocal performance and never let any fucker tell you that Neil isn't a good drummer, because he fucking is! Everything about this track is sheer brilliance in my opinion.

Guest idol_wild
I'm tempted to weigh in with the obligatory "they're shite" comments but I fear that may be just a bit predictable!

I was suspecting that some people would contribute something along those lines to the thread.

Because that's what some people are like.

I was suspecting that some people would contribute something along those lines to the thread.

Because that's what some people are like.

To be fair, I'm holding off actually saying that till I listen to the tracks. Who knows, I may enjoy em!

Still, at least that's the predictable bit out of the way.

Not bad, though a bit too epic for me - Damien Rice springs to mind instantly. I suspect it might sound pretty decent live so may check you out on the 7th.

I'm tempted to weigh in with the obligatory "they're shite" comments but I fear that may be just a bit predictable!

Like I said, if that's your honest opinion go right ahead. I'd be genuinely interested to hear what you think of them.

I hate Damien Rice...

I love this though! Warm & sincere..

Don't make presumptions of 'sincerity' just because people sing in an emotive tone, use dusty old cellos, wear cardigans etc. What does that even mean?

Seems like a strange thing to say particularly when juxtaposed against Mr Rice. For all you know this band don't even buy FairTrade lattes.

I'm so utterly confused. Are we talking about coffee or cardigans or music?

hmmm...I'm too scared to post on aberdeen-music these days just because of people snapping at each other, anal nitpicking (perhaps I phrased that wrongly...) or the hostility projected in replies to posts (not just in this thread, but in general).

But then again I am a huge coward.

Er, anyway. I'm going to go cower away from the computer screen before everybody explodes.

Don't make presumptions of 'sincerity' just because people sing in an emotive tone, use dusty old cellos, wear cardigans etc. What does that even mean?

Seems like a strange thing to say particularly when juxtaposed against Mr Rice. For all you know this band don't even buy FairTrade lattes.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the bands image, just that the music has conviction.

I agree, It's a really warm song. Drums and banjo are particularly cool.

like these songs...like damien rice...dont like coffee...impartial on cardigans...

This is also how i feel.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the bands image, just that the music has conviction.

Yeah I guess the music does sound pretty convinced. Curious too, wouldn't you say the music is pretty curious? Inquisitive and resolute?

Yeah I guess the music does sound pretty convinced. Curious too, wouldn't you say the music is pretty curious? Inquisitive and resolute?

Yeah you're right. 'Epic' is a much better way to describe music.