aberdeen-music

Who calls so loud (Ex Funeral Diner)

davewarden

Some dates need filled up on their tour, I would do but I already have a few shows in the works and dont know the amount of time I could give it with exams etc.

16.06.08 UK-Edinburgh, Henry's Cellar Bar

17.06.08 UK-Manchester, Klondyke Snooker & Bowls Club

18.06.08 UK-Dundee, Balcony Bar

19.06.08 UK-Bradford, 1in12 Club

20.06.08 UK- NOT BOOKED

21.06.08 UK or France/Benelux - NOT BOOKED

22.06.08 UK or France/Benelux - NOT BOOKED

I would be willing to help out just dont want to do it all myself.

I think they're free the day before Edinburgh as well which would make more sense, but another Scotland date = Absolute overkill. Complete saturation dude!

The LP is pretty decent. I really want to love it, but it just gets a bit boring/samey after a while. Maybe if each track was 3/4 minutes longer i would get into it more. But yeah, got mine from Rob over at Bis Auf. Artwork looks amazing.

I've never been a massive Funeral Diner fan, to be honest. A few tracks i dig, but the rest has always been a bit meh.

HOWEVER. 'yeah, you remember that' from the welcome the plague year split is CRUSHINGLY good. Seriously epic jam going on there. By far their best track, and one of my favourites of the scene.

I've never been a massive Funeral Diner fan, to be honest. A few tracks i dig, but the rest has always been a bit meh.

HOWEVER. 'yeah, you remember that' from the welcome the plague year split is CRUSHINGLY good. Seriously epic jam going on there. By far their best track, and one of my favourites of the scene.

i've got 'the underdark' and its pretty mediocre. the only track i really listen to is Two Houses, and even thats patchy in places. What i've heard off potential of difference is pretty good and ive heard the split with ampere is good too - although pricey nowadays.

the evylock split stuff is dead good and "i wish I could do the backstroke" is wicked. a lot of their stuff is pretty bland-ish though. they are the kind of band who are/were great live and worth going to see

I have a second copy of that evylock 10". PM if interested. :p

I'll be along to the Dundee show. Seconding that, "Yeah, you remember that" appreciation. It's a beast. This thread reminded me of just how much funeral diner i own. Damn ebay. :(

They are playing a Snooker and Bowls club. That could be an interesting one.

The Klondyke is an ace venue.

The type of venue pretty much shows Manchesters desperation to put shows on without getting ripped off by shitty venues. There's not many good, cheap places to play there anymore. The Roadhouse is on the verge of extinction due to it's high hire charges but being too small for bigger bands to play without alienating larger fan bases. The Phoenix is the same, and The Attic... etc.

Manchester is shit.