aberdeen-music

Endor

Stichman

Seeing as that Vessels thread generated a bit of interest, I thought I'd give it a whack myself. I've seen a rather excellent band named Endor playing a lot in Glasgow and I rate them muchly. Folk is my friend and pop is not the enemy.

They're provisionally up for playing in Aberdeen, but before I ferret away at booking them somewhere... would you go see them?

MySpace.com - endor - Glasgow, UK - Indie / Folk / Rock - www.myspace.com/endor

Guest idol_wild

Endor are one of many Glasgow bands jumping on the "folk-rock" bandwagon currently doing the rounds down there following Frightened Rabbit's success.

See also: We Were Promised Jetpacks, Zoey Van Goey, El Padre.

That said, I quite like all of these bands. I'd probably go see Endor, simply because I considered booking them a few months back.

Better them being influenced by Frightened Rabbit than still trying to sound like Franz Ferdinand!

Best unsigned Glasgow band?

There Will Be Fireworks. Fucking immense. I'm doing all I can to convince them to come and play up here. But they're a bunch of student heathens who only want to do well at university. How dare they!?

Endor are one of many Glasgow bands jumping on the "folk-rock" bandwagon currently doing the rounds down there following Frightened Rabbit's success.

See also: We Were Promised Jetpacks, Zoey Van Goey, El Padre.

That said, I quite like all of these bands. I'd probably go see Endor, simply because I considered booking them a few months back.

Better them being influenced by Frightened Rabbit than still trying to sound like Franz Ferdinand!

Best unsigned Glasgow band?

There Will Be Fireworks. Fucking immense. I'm doing all I can to convince them to come and play up here. But they're a bunch of student heathens who only want to do well at university. How dare they!?

I dont think I've ever agreed with a post more. I do however think Endor bring a slightly different slant on the 'folk-rock' formula, though there's no doubt they're in a Frightened Rabbit-shaped box. Having seen them all, I reckon Endor are the pick of We Were Promised Jetpacks, Zoey Van Goey and El Padre. Though Zoey win points for synth goodness and a pretty sweet personalised bass drum.

There Will Be Fireworks are absolutely brilliant. I might try and use my studenty wiles to convince them to play up here, simply because I can book my own band as support and bask in the reflected glory.

Guest idol_wild
now, now - haven't you heard we don't like swear words? 8-)

I don't think I could take another Idol_Wild Promotions star wars thread! :love:

I'll do a Star Trek one then.

Though I absolutely loathe Star Trek.

to be fair to endor, they have been around since well before the mighty rabbit became known.

they played up here ages ago, like two years ago, i remember coz toby is mates with their manager and helped promote it.

it was at tunnels.

meant to be a really good band, not seen em so id go seem em.

you should check out wake the president

endors mates - pretty cool stuff and similar to the whole aforementioned glasgow indie stylee stuff