aberdeen-music

Secondsmile + The Ocean Fracture

Beth

Wish The Ocean Fracture would release some of their new stuff.

Seconded. They've got their artwark back from seldon hunt. from what i saw it looks pretty cool. don't exactly know what it is for though... an album, ep, split?

they're in the studio again soon to record... something.

knew you'd be on the case Rossco. just went and bought it myself. by the way... shotgun that maths/throats tee if you havnt got it already. :) i'm still undecided over it, but i thought i would shotgun it anyway.

the TOF artwork is frigging awesome. reckon its seldon hunts best yet (of what ive seen). and the songs are there best stuff yet, the old stuff wandered a bit, this stuff is total direct. excellent.

' date=' post: 466538"']knew you'd be on the case Rossco. just went and bought it myself. by the way... shotgun that maths/throats tee if you havnt got it already. :) i'm still undecided over it, but i thought i would shotgun it anyway.

the TOF artwork is frigging awesome. reckon its seldon hunts best yet (of what ive seen). and the songs are there best stuff yet, the old stuff wandered a bit, this stuff is total direct. excellent.

Seconding the artwork. :up: Glad to see he's drifted away from the classic symmetrical stuff that he used to do for ISIS, Neurosis etc. They were getting a bit samey. The tunes are indeed excellent. :)

You're welcome to that tee Mr. Huw. I'm not even sure what the black ball thing is (a birds nest?), but I'm not really a fan. One of the guys from Phoenix Bodies designed it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest treader.

"I Am not Romeo, You are not Juliet" is a BRILLIANT E.P but their new album stinks.

"Need to change the mapmaker" was fantastic. now they're shit too.

"I Am not Romeo, You are not Juliet" is a BRILLIANT E.P but their new album stinks.

I agree on the Secondsmile EP, it's great, but I didn't see them topping it. I could see them rehashing ideas and sounding bland, had they continued with that kinda stuff. The old singer was a bit of a herbert I believe - refusing to play shows, leaving half-way through sets and just general tittery. I really enjoy "Walk Into The Light...". The new stuff either sounds a bit pedestrian, or really good. I'll buy the album when it comes out.

There are some TUNES on the first Jairus album, but that kickdrum sound is a crime against humanity. Hopefully they'll release that 2nd album.

Man, I HATE that EP. sounded like days of fucking december and other such garbage of that time. "walk..." is far better imo, proper tunes and intelligent songwriting. better vocals too.

never liked Jairus, the early stuff was bearable but i thought "need to change the drummer and adjust that kickdrum level" was gash