aberdeen-music

The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge

Guest Steven Dedalus

Guest Steven Dedalus

A wee birdie tells me that the Chamelions' 1983 debut is being re-issued as a 25th anniversary deulxe edition....

script_2.jpg

They really were one of the great 'also-rans' of the British indie scene in the 80s.

- see also, The Sound, Comsat Angels, The House of Love -

I was listening to this yesterday, and my flatmate thought it was the new Editors album. But whilst Editors deal in different shades of grey, the Chamelions utiliste an altogether subtler pallette, using delicate tones and hues to get their point accross, rather than pomp and bombast. Yes, this is big music, but it's also very fragile, and that fragility allows them to say so much more.

If you're in any way interested in Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division, The Cure, etc, then I reccomend you check this out when it's released (in May, i think).

The cover is still naff, though.

Guest idol_wild

This is a good album.

I highly recommend listening to it through chunky bass-heavy headphones. Some of the nuances in the production are sublime.

I still prefer the second album, What Does Anything Mean? Basically.

• 3 weeks later...

Came in the post today! Amazing! First time I've heard this album and first time hearing most of these songs in their original studio versions...."As high as you can go" and "a person isn't safe anywhere these days" have just become my favourite songs, such good versions...sound quality is magic aswell. Especially of the live CD! Highly recommended!!:up::up: