aberdeen-music

Road Tax Wheeze

Bigsby

As you may be aware, Vehicle Excise Duty (or road tax to you and me) is being increased substantially for many "polluting cars" (ie cars big enough to carry your family in) from March 2009.

This is of course to encourage you to drive a more "eco friendly" car and is by no means a wheeze by the government to tax you more. Oh no.

Anyhoo, a tip if you find yourself in this boat and your tax is up for renewal in the next few months. Just renew for 6 months, then renew for a year in six months time, thus getting 18 months at the present, lower rate. :up:

Did cross my mind to use some of that spare cash I have lying around to buy a new eco car. Thank heavens I am not one of the many that are in no position to buy a new and more eco friendly car and will have to rely on the one they have until it dies of natural causes...

We will be getting taxed for breathing fucking air and looking at scenery soon!

:swearing:

Being a pedestrian is amazing.

Is it? The freedom of being a pedestrian, compared to the freedom of being able to drive?

I wish I drove, the reliance on public transport (especially in the UK) is unbearable. Oh, and today...walked into town (3 miles?)..decided to get the bus back as it was hot, and was stung for 1.90 for the 3 mile, 10 minute bus ride.

Being a pedestrian is most definitely not amazing.

Is it? The freedom of being a pedestrian, compared to the freedom of being able to drive?

I wish I drove, the reliance on public transport (especially in the UK) is unbearable. Oh, and today...walked into town (3 miles?)..decided to get the bus back as it was hot, and was stung for 1.90 for the 3 mile, 10 minute bus ride.

Being a pedestrian is most definitely not amazing.

I live in walking distance of town, so it's nice not having to worry about car parking fines, road tax, getting my wing mirrors knocked off and guessing how busy the road to work's going to be.

How did family's ever cope without 7 seater fuel guzzlers?

With more difficulty. Doesn't mean we should go back to those times.

I was changing cars recently. I only have a 1 year old son but the size of his pram severely limited my choices. For example the VW Golf/Audi A3/Seat Leon (all the same, I know) were too small.

I can imagine by the time you have 3 or 4 kids a Galaxy looks pretty attractive, in fact the only person I know who has one has 4 children.