aberdeen-music

Anyone want a job?

Annikk.exe

Looking for someone who would like the idea of going offshore to work on boats and the occasional rig to do work on computers, networks, some hydrographic data processing, etc. No previous offshore experience required (although it's nice if you have it). Obsession with all things technological required. Opportunities available for many individuals. If you don't mind being away from home for a while the money is pretty awesome :>

PM me or call 01464 851122 if you'd like to know more. Also see ...::: HPR (UK) Ltd: Home :::...

I'm sorry if I shouldn't be advertising this here. I'm afraid I didn't see a different place that is more suitable. If I'm breaking millions of rules by posting this here just delete it or whatever. Just figured maybe someone here has some talent going to waste and needs a job.. :>

Looking for someone who would like the idea of going offshore to work on boats and the occasional rig to do work on computers, networks, some hydrographic data processing, etc. No previous offshore experience required (although it's nice if you have it). Obsession with all things technological required. Opportunities available for many individuals. If you don't mind being away from home for a while the money is pretty awesome :>

PM me or call 01464 851122 if you'd like to know more. Also see ...::: HPR (UK) Ltd: Home :::...

I'm sorry if I shouldn't be advertising this here. I'm afraid I didn't see a different place that is more suitable. If I'm breaking millions of rules by posting this here just delete it or whatever. Just figured maybe someone here has some talent going to waste and needs a job.. :>

What sort of money are we talking? And how stable would the work be? I've longed to work offshore ever since the first time I stepped on a docked rig, but the opportunities just don't seem to come up very often and its hard to contemplate packing in a stable job (albeit one that pays peanuts) but bloody tempting :D

You would most likely be on a day rate. Typically this is about 180.00 per day for a trainee, although it can increase drastically with experience.

[ninja edit - all flights, food, other expenses (tho not alcohol) are paid as well, by the way.... from the moment you leave your front door till the moment you return]

You're right in being skeptical about the regularity of the work. Particularly during the winter months, it can sometimes be difficult to get steady work. However as an agency we are committed to making sure your career is moving forward, and that your personal situation remains stable. In the past we have provided initial funding for training, paid advances, put people up overnight at our own location, assisted with the acquisition of safety/medical certificates, passports, visas, and a whole catalogue of other things. Unlike a lot of standard agencies out there we actually take an interest in your welfare, and we will take your circumstances into account, eg if you are desperate for work and on the breadline we will do our best to get you on a job as quickly as we can.

The money overall is fantastic and it's a great way to kick-start your career. It is also very satisfying for us to be able to help people we know deserve to succeed.

I can see by the way you have worded your post you are wondering whether you can actually count on us to provide enough income for you to survive on. I can confirm it is definitely possible to rely on this as a permanent source of income, and if the supply of work slows up and we cannot guarantee you work in the near future we would advise you of this ahead of time.

I'm doing my best here to give you an accurate idea of what an offshore freelancing lifestyle could be like, without making promises we may not be able to keep. If you're interested at all there is no harm in having a look. If you can send your CV to cvs AT hpruk DOT com perhaps that will better enable me to say what sort of work and day rate we might be able to offer.

Currently we have a big demand for trainees who are skilled in IT.

WoodyRATM, we sometimes fund the survival and medical courses for people unable to do so themselves, and take the money back out of their first pay. Very very occasionally a client will pay for the training outright, although this is usually in some extenuating circumstance. In all cases though, we can help you to make the right phone calls to get your certs organised.

Eriatarka, I have replied to your PM. :>

Hugh_Jazz, I thought this forum was ideal because of the demographic; most of the people that read and post here are young adults from the local area. I realise it's actually a forum intended for music but since lots of other discussions happen here, eg politics, I thought perhaps it would be ok.

Rathen,

Working offshore is excellent money so if you have been in onshore employment up until now it's unlikely you would have a drop in pay. Having no previous experience (I presume in both IT and the offshore sector, judging by your post) would mean you'd be starting on the lower spectrum in terms of day rate, but this figure goes up as you gain experience (obviously).

If you have an excellent grounding in computers you should be alright to get started, though :> It's a good time of year for it, lots of work is coming available and there promises to be lots more in the weeks and months ahead.

Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll tell you a bit more about exactly what we're looking for, can give you an email address to send your CV to as well. :>