aberdeen-music

USB Turntables

french_disko

I've just gone for the Stanton T.90 turntable. It's analogue/digital and USB. The cheap ION and Numark USB decks I find are on par quality wise with the record players you would find on those nasty all in one Bush hifi's (this is half the reason most people my age who never aspired to be a DJ hate vinyl as they've always heard it played on crappy stereos). I haven't fired up this stanton yet, it was a little more expensive (200 inc postage) but it just looks so much quality, and feels a lot more like a record player. I just need some records now :up:

Stanton_DJ_T90_USB_turntable.jpg

Guest Giles Walker

Aaaaah the sound you are gonna get these sort of turntables with usb ports is gonna be so fucking shit.

You'd be way better buying a second hand deck, a decent needle and an external soundcard and just doing it properly.

Aaaaah the sound you are gonna get these sort of turntables with usb ports is gonna be so fucking shit.

You'd be way better buying a second hand deck, a decent needle and an external soundcard and just doing it properly.

Agreed, but on a budget of less than 100 that isn't really possible.

well, that leads me on to option 2....

i've got a Technics seperates system so everything is nearly in place.

i'd need to buy a decent soundcard though - any recommendations?

here's the problem though - stereo is on the living room but the PC is in the second bedroom, out through the hallway. i'd need a big cable.....

if you want turntables on the cheap just buy older brands. ive got a dual 604 deck (or something like that), an a&r cambridge amplifier going into mordaunt short speakers. the amp and speakers cost me 60 quid off ebay. the deck was my dads but im sure you can get something similar for a good price then just stick a new cartridge on it.

all in all could probably get it all for around 100 quid and it probably sounds better than all this digital nasty.