aberdeen-music

Post-Metal/Screamo Band

Alkaline

I'm looking for a couple of people interested in starting a post-metal/screamo band.

Personal influences include:

Rosetta

Suis La Lune

The Ocean

Stand-Up Guy

Isis

Caspian

Bloody Panda

Kayo Dot

Flatlands

Callisto

Tombs

I want to do something that has epic sweeping ambient moments but also has very heavy intense moments too.

I want to play guitar predominantly but will also contribute backing vocals if needed.

I'm looking for people to do the following:

Vocals

Guitar

Bass

Drums

You must have your own equipment (to a decent standard) and be prepared to practice regularly with the intention of playing regularly and hopefully looking at touring as well.

Age and gender not a problem. But i would prefer people with previous band experience, though that is not essential.

Message me or post here if you're interested.

Phil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, that could be quite good so long as it doesn't get to be a problem with your other band.

for sure. i was going to initially say just vocals, but im not that good and tend to sound like, well, a girl, possibly during some sort of infliction of pain. but thats good for a screamo band right? ;)

(because with vocals there is a slightly lessened musical involvement.)

' date=' post: 466342"']for sure. i was going to initially say just vocals, but im not that good and tend to sound like, well, a girl, possibly during some sort of infliction of pain. but thats good for a screamo band right? ;)

(because with vocals there is a slightly lessened musical involvement.)

It's up to yourself really, you can play guitar as well if you want or just do vocals. Yelpy vocals work quite well with screamo stuff in my opinion :)

It's up to yourself really, you can play guitar as well if you want or just do vocals. Yelpy vocals work quite well with screamo stuff in my opinion :)

just see how recruitment goes. at the moment my guitar tone is pissing me off to the point of not wanting to play it; but it will be resolved so i would be happy to go either way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
well i'm still up for vocals and/or an instrument if you are and there is other people involved.

Quality, i'm still very interested in getting something new started as i feel like i'm missing something since Genevieve went on "hiatus". I may have a new job within the next month or so *crosses fingers* :up:

Quality, i'm still very interested in getting something new started as i feel like i'm missing something since Genevieve went on "hiatus". I may have a new job within the next month or so *crosses fingers* :up:

ok. was there any other interest by the way?