aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Legalise Cannabis Demo - 3rd of May 2pm at the Castlegate

Bear

Hi,

In case anyone is interested in going I just thought I'd post and let everyone know there is going to be a demonstration in favour of legalising cannabis in Aberdeen starting at 2pm on Saturday the 3rd of May at the Castlegate Worldwide Marijuana March

Dunno what the turn out will be like, but if any bands support the cause there *might* be a crowed to play music too. Then again maybe not...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might go just to see how well organised stoners are.
That's quite funny.

To be honest I reckon about 15 people if that will turn up *blush*

That's not the point though, I'm still going cos I'm pissed off that weed is illegal, in fact I'm so pissed off about it I'm tempted to stand as an LCA candidate, just to piss off my MP. :popcorn: 8-)

what difference does it make tho bear if its legal or not?

its not like it being illegal has stopped people using cannabis. and its not like you can sit in a cafe and smoke it either because of the smoking ban

also if it was made legal then thats one more thing for the government to tax

Why exactly are you pissed off that it is illegal?

Is it because you are a stoner or because you actually have a medical condition which cannabis could provide pain relief for?

Neither. Not everyone who happens to give a damn about these things is either a stoner or ill you know :) I don't smoke cigarettes either but I wouldn't try to tell you that you can't or support criminalising anyone who does.

Anyway, to answer your question, I suppose I want to see cannabis legalised because I see the law as unjust oppressive bullshit to be blunt about it. It criminalises millions of otherwise law abiding people, creates a huge black market, and puts huge profits in the hands of organised crime. It massively increases the harm that the substance itself causes (both to the user and society) and the whole thing comes from a desire to legislate private morality. It's also waste of all that tax money that I'm forced to pay every month.

Just wait, one day they'll want to ban something that you like, and they'll be nobody left to stick up for you.

Neither. Not everyone who happens to give a damn about these things is either a stoner or ill you know :) I don't smoke cigarettes either.

Just wait, one day they'll want to ban something that you like, and they'll be nobody left to stick up for you.

"I don't smoke cigarettes, I just empty the tobacco out of them, mix it with manky hash (which I have no idea what it contains but heres a clue Evil Weeds - Cannabis Information - Red Eye Express - Making Soap Bar In Yorkshire), roll it up in green rizla thick enough to wipe your arse with and then smoke it without a filter, all the while desperately pretending I'm some kind of intellectual psychonaught living in haight-ashbury in the 60s in an attempt to block out the fact I actually spend all day playing xbox, eating haribo and wanking"

"I don't smoke cigarettes, I just empty the tobacco out of them, mix it with manky hash (which I have no idea what it contains but heres a clue Evil Weeds - Cannabis Information - Red Eye Express - Making Soap Bar In Yorkshire), roll it up in green rizla thick enough to wipe your arse with and then smoke it without a filter, all the while desperately pretending I'm some kind of intellectual psychonaught living in haight-ashbury in the 60s in an attempt to block out the fact I actually spend all day playing xbox, eating haribo and wanking"

Actually if I smoked weed I'd be sacked... And there's no need to be such an asshole either.

Still a bloody funny post though...

They banned me having a fag with my pint! And who stuck up for me then?!! :up:

Actually I did. Although you can't compare being prevented from lighting up in an enclosed public space to tobacco be declared an illegal drug punishable by a two year jail sentence (soon to be 5) for merely possessing it anywhere for any reason.

My opinion of the smoking ban was there should have been exemptions and that the anti-smoking stuff is starting to way to far, did you see this idea they had

recently? Permission to smoke? That'll be 10 - Times Online

Comments about the article here LDYS View topic - Latest great idea, smokers too need a licence to buy cigs...

Although you can't compare being prevented from lighting up in an enclosed public space to tobacco be declared an illegal drug punishable by a two year jail sentence (soon to be 5) for merely possessing it anywhere for any reason.

When was the last time someone got two years for being found with a bit of hash? Actually you probably would get more of a fine for lighting up in a pub. The landlord certainly would.