aberdeen-music

Union Street "incident"

Intravenous

Eyewitness from another local board:

The 1st 2 had helmets on the 1 right at the back just had his hoodie up. after the 1st stint of hooring down union st from union terrace direction they decided to u-turn about piza hut n go on the pavement then. Came back down towards me ( i was at the 02 shop across from BHS) seen 3 on the bike called cctv direct and they hadnt even noticed them! advised them where they were and were just uturning at broad street n coming back. Had them on camera from market street so shud of got a good shot of them stopping at mcdonalds! speaking to there mates who were jeering them on. U turned again at union terrace was still on the fone and advised cctv i was going to make an attempt to stop them which they were happy enough about!! Stood in the middle of the bus lane with my arms out (was off the fone by then) n got out of there was at the last second to be kicked in the stomach by the ned on the middle of the bike. U turned Again at broad street (there m8s at mc'ds eating there happy meals must of thot it was great fun!) When a green on road quad passed us heading to market street direction towards them. they stopped the 125 (possibly a ybr) faired black 07 plate in the middle of the junction. Spoke to them for a few minutes on the quad and gave them a hand to bump it down market street! The rozzers came on the go not long after that. Just in from it all and giving my statement and with the attitude i was given really thot what was the point! It finished with them nearly at holburn street hitting a car and ending up through a restraunt window! (this is how i seen it and the last part is what i was told)

was all set for throwing a wheelie bin in front of them told the police wifie that when i was giving my statement over it. Got advised

Quote: if you had done that and they had been injusred you would of been charged for it!

she laughed when i told her no the junkie that was standing close to us that i kept pulling off the road coz these guys were doing 40mph + at all times was going to do it. He thot he was going to make a good human speed bump!!!

My main concern was get them off the bike asap knew fine the police had stopped the torcher going till they got stopped just wish i could of done more but hinesights a great thing!

26042008377.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it as I was walking up Union St, and I phoned the police when i was outside starbucks. They were weaving in and out of traffic and drove down the pavement on the other side of the road and stopped to talk to their ned friends outside burger king. They then sped off and did a few U-turns. A few mins later they flew up again towards holburn junction followed by 4 police cars.

A big bang was heard when they hit the drivers door of a yellow car and the bike landed on the pavement, hitting pedestrians.

There were definitely three people on the bike - one older teenage driver and two young boys who looked between 8 and 12 - neither of them wearing helmets!

did the parade get cancelled completely or just rerouted?

Cancelled after a few hours of waiting at Queens Cross.

I was on one of the floats, such a shame that some idiots ruin it for everyone, the parade was going well up to the Queens Cross point.

Cheers to everyone who donated though, we filled the buckets up a few times on our float.

the fuckers and their mates will be at it again in a matter of weeks probably...

I can never tell if I am a grumpy old man or a pissed off sick of it all citizen. The things I day dream of doing to some of these ignorant bastards gets me worried at timeso_O

It is a complete fucking disgrace, but they know they will get off with most of the crimes they commit, because a) people fear them and any possible retailiation and b) it is hard to give a statement to the police because they all dress the fucking same.

What annoys me the most is that it gives all youths in general a bad image. For example, if I am walking down the street and it is raining, my hood is up. If someone is walking in the other direction, most of the time they walk to the far edge of the pavement just so they are furthest from me as possible instead of crossing the road.

Likewise, I was up at Tollohill last week with a few friends having some beers and setting up a campfire (and a well-controlled one at that because we respect the forest and our environment). Me and my friend were gathering wood when a woman and her dog saw us. She just stared at us for 5 minutes while we got the wood and went back to the fire. An hour later, a police van showed up at the car park and a police officer was looking around due to a report about youths burning fires in the forest. While technically true, I still find it offensive that we are still tarnished with the same brush as these wankers, even if we cause no trouble to other people and clean up after ourselves.

I probably know who they are then.

YGD-RUNNIN-IT <YGDLADZ>

Fucking wankers, all of them. Two of them brag about going to court in May over vandalism charges.

I looked at the page and reported the page to bebo, Hopefully the pish will be deleted soon, as I think it does violate their terms of use, by their threatening behavious displayed on their page.

Kids doing stuff like last night is awful, Kids aren't what they used to be like, just last night I was walking where I live and a bunch of 8-10 year olds were calling each other "cunts" whatever happened to just "you're a bam/idiot".

are neds nae from glasgow? i was fiffteen minutes late getting to the prince of wales because of those walking abortions. and they cant even invent their own culture, fucks sake.

aberdeen music should get together, put on a fake fundraising gig for the garthdee young team or whatever they call themselves, and then cunningly inject them with aids- my uncle has a pony with HIV that would do the job.

then post it on you tube.

Which begs the questio....

Nah... it's too easy ;)

he's into niche/deviant pursuits, its quite popular in Huntly: i could forward you some links to journals if you like that kind of stuff.

vol. 3 of ferrets with clamidia (june 2003) has some really good articles in it.

"men who love tractors" is a riot also, you can get that from JSTOR online, think most of the issues are free.

he's into niche/deviant pursuits, its quite popular in Huntly: i could forward you some links to journals if you like that kind of stuff.

vol. 3 of ferrets with clamidia (june 2003) has some really good articles in it.

"men who love tractors" is a riot also, you can get that from JSTOR online, think most of the issues are free.

Being from Elgin, I have a subscription to the afore mentioned journals.

Was it Huntly that the 16 year old guy was caught 'enjoying himself' with a Donkey? Poor kid even got his address listed in the press and journal and northern scot...

you shouldve reported it to the evening express instead, this is the most exciting event to happen in aberdeen in yonks

Perhaps... But that's not really going to make a difference.

I'm sure they'd have found it already = most shock things that happen these days they find the bebos and nick the pics!

Yes, yes... they really are...

with their 45degree caps on their heads... socks into their trackie bottoms... awfully big gold earrings.... orange tans... side pony-tails.... etc etc

:p:up:

their sense of fashion is equally as bizarre and arbitrary as anyone elses, including people like you. All the snobbery in this thread is apalling.

their sense of fashion is equally as bizarre and arbitrary as anyone elses, including people like you. All the snobbery in this thread is apalling.

Well... I think by the :p and :up: that you'd be able to tell that my comment was rather tongue 'n' cheek.

I couldn't really care less about how they dress etc, what I do care about is that a minority are ruining things for other people.

I can't really comment too much, because then I would just be hypocritical of my own dissertation that I'm writing and the need to not put labels on people.

what I do care about is that a minority are ruining things for other people.

That depends on your perspective, because personally I find the retards that spill out of exodus, the tunnels and drummonds etc to be equally as obnoxious and loud and they contribute equally to the shit atmosphere in town on weekends and evenings.

That depends on your perspective, because personally I find the retards that spill out of exodus, the tunnels and drummonds etc to be equally as obnoxious and loud and they contribute equally to the shit atmosphere in town on weekends and evenings.

So little shits driving motorbikes on the pavement is ok then is it?

That depends on your perspective, because personally I find the retards that spill out of exodus, the tunnels and drummonds etc to be equally as obnoxious and loud and they contribute equally to the shit atmosphere in town on weekends and evenings

This is true. But it depends on what you personally feel comfortable with. I feel comfortable around "the retards that spill out of exodus, the tunnels and drummonds etc" but I don't feel comfortable walking home and having to by-pass people who have come out of Liquid, Pearl Lounge etc etc.