aberdeen-music

Union Street "incident"

Intravenous

I just came out of Cinnamon on Union Street half an hour ago after having my dinner to find Union Street closed off with at least 10 ambulances and a heap of police cars and a large group of people sitting/lying on the pavement with the police men. Does anyone know what happened? All the news are saying right now is that its a "major incident".

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kids on a motor byke ploughed into people on the pavement, weaving in & out of traffic, think they were being chased by police. (bet its the ones i saw earlier today when they raced up the wrong side of a central island, nae helmets & from my brief view of them they looked drunk or stoned, they were going 70 on a 30 as they flew past me)

fucking nutters

I never saw the crash, but I was at the primark side of union street when three kids on a moterbike was racing - up and down, on the pavement and wrong side of the road.

Police arived and they started playing chase. and shouting Garthee rules Really scary to see.

So many people around and so many kids they really had no fear.

1 had a helmet on the 2 really young looking boys on the back didn't.

I might be pished and talking gibberish, but didn't something similar happen outside cafe drummond a couple of years ago? I seem to remember neds on a motorbike crashing into a bunch of people then.

Some little ned borrowed some (older) guy's scooter...we saw the kid come round the corner on it, then pull up beside the guy who he'd borrowed it off. We were watching in a "what's that little shite doing on a scooter with no helmet?" way, only to watch him accidentally smash the scooter right into the chip shop next to the belmont bar window. The kid got up and ran for his life onto a bus..Police turned up, me and a couple of mates gave a statement. Last thing we saw was the guy who owned the scooter get taken off in a police car.

Might not be the same incident, but I still regret not having rugby tackled the little ned to the ground. We had a perfect chance to do it, but didn't think fast enough to actually do it.

Wonder if the neds in this case got a beating?

so far i think a 40 year old female sustained a leg injury and a 25 year old male

sustained injuries to his face and hand. Two 17 year old males were

injured one with leg and chest injuries and the other with leg and hand

injuries. Two 13 year old females sustained leg injuries and a 13 year

old male sustained a leg injury. An 11 year old male sustained a leg

injury and a second 11 year old male was treated for shock.

Could I suggest to those that saw the kids driving dangerously earlier on that day contact the police to let them know that as well? If it's clear that they caused more damage/danger during the day as well, it could go towards giving those wee twats a longer sentence/ban/bigger fine etc etc.