aberdeen-music

Phil Collins Retires

Mouse

Bothered.

I found the contents of the "Greatest Guitar Riffs" link on the same page much more disturbing....

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Joan Jett

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Come On Everybody by Eddie Cochran

There She Goes - The Las

Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin

Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple

Some cunt's taking the fucking pish...:swearing:

Bothered.

I found the contents of the "Greatest Guitar Riffs" link on the same page much more disturbing....

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys

There She Goes - The Las

Some cunt's taking the fucking pish...:swearing:

I did like some of the tracks off the first album, but I mearly saw them as some musical ditties with some good life observations thrown in. The 2nd album was not, dare I say it 'catchy'.

I also liked the LA's, but I agree, I can't see where the GGR comes into it.

Phil Collins was and is an amazing drummer. Anyone who doubts that should listen to his work with Genesis and Brand X in the 1970s. He has, however, made some unforgivably shit music both in his solo career and in Genesis since 1980. If he'd stayed behind the drumkit and kept his mouth shut, things might have turned out better. Artistically speaking, anyway.

Dahn DanDahn, Dahdahdahdahada.

That was the sound of the marching band I have hired to celebrate this momentous moment. Your vote kicked him out in '97, and now the cunt has fucked off for good, YAYY!!

People always say how good a drummer he is, what, on Another Day In Paradise, about 4 bpm, 3 weeks to conclude, Faahk off.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Phil Collins was and is an amazing drummer. Anyone who doubts that should listen to his work with Genesis and Brand X in the 1970s. He has, however, made some unforgivably shit music both in his solo career and in Genesis since 1980. If he'd stayed behind the drumkit and kept his mouth shut, things might have turned out better. Artistically speaking, anyway.

brilliant drummer, pish actor. he should have been shot for Buster.

I've heard so many times that he is a 'brilliant drummer' but can someone please point me to a track to convince me, cos I've heard nothing yet...

Like I said, listen to almost anything by Genesis between 1971-1977, and most of his work with the Jazz-Fusion group Brand X from the same period. His work with Peter Gabriel and Brian Eno is also pretty good.

He also drummed for every act at the Queen's golden jubilee (yes, I know they were mostly pish but to play seamlessly with all those different groups and with very little preparation is impressive) and for Led Zeppelin at their Live Aid (?) reunion.

I'm not defending the guy personally, just his drumming ability.