aberdeen-music

Grand Theft Auto 4

Old Gold

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's even better when your neurotic girlfriend gets pished and hurls abuse at you while you're trying not to fall over.

Yes, I'm dating that one in the game as well. She might get dumped shortly if she keeps up that pish.

The missions are really starting to get harder for me now. Taking a couple of attempts to do every one I try at the moment. Think I'm not far off unlocking the last island though so it makes sense.

Don't want to post any spoilers for anyone though.

Just wondering how noisy everyone's xbox 360 gets with this game (as in disc read noise)?

I've heard the game is quite intensive on the DVD drive and even though my xbox is brand new it makes a hell of a racket playing Gears of War (i'm catching up on older games before i buy GTA4). In fact it makes so much noise I actually thought it might be faulty until my mate said his is the same.

Just wondering how noisy everyone's xbox 360 gets with this game (as in disc read noise)?

I've heard the game is quite intensive on the DVD drive and even though my xbox is brand new it makes a hell of a racket playing Gears of War (i'm catching up on older games before i buy GTA4). In fact it makes so much noise I actually thought it might be faulty until my mate said his is the same.

yeah mine's bloody loud with it!

which one do you have? i have an elite

Anyone had any problems with a mission not loading on the map?

At the end of my last mission i got phoned and told to go buy a new suit and shoes before i meet the guy who will give me my mission. I did that but its not loading a mission location onto the map? :swearing:

EDIT: I tried various combinations of suits and shoes. In case I wasnt wearing a fancy enough suit. And i've tried phoning everyone in my phonebook to see if that will trigger it?

Anyone had any problems with a mission not loading on the map?

At the end of my last mission i got phoned and told to go buy a new suit and shoes before i meet the guy who will give me my mission. I did that but its not loading a mission location onto the map? :swearing:

EDIT: I tried various combinations of suits and shoes. In case I wasnt wearing a fancy enough suit. And i've tried phoning everyone in my phonebook to see if that will trigger it?

think i know what mission ur on about.was it packie who told u to buy the suit and shoes?phone him back once ur wearing the clothes.its a bit of a cunt of a mission but is well worth it in the end...:princess:

EDIT: sorry wasnt payin attention.i see that u have tried phoning everyone so fook knows

sorry wasnt payin attention.i see that u have tried phoning everyone so fook knows

I'll give it a bash later wearing various different suits. Annoyingly it was so long ago now I cant remember who it was that told me to get the damn suit.

What mission do you think it was? Stick it in spoiler tags so you dont reveal any story to anyone. :up:

been thinking-its probably not the mission i was thinking of.is it the first time you've been told to wear a suit?its probably...

you've to go for a job interview but the interviews not for a day or 2 so it wont appear on the map until its actually time fo the interview.if u check your organiser on your phone it should have job interview somewhere in it

hope that helps this time

yeah mine's bloody loud with it!

which one do you have? i have an elite

Just a premium console, looking on the net I seem to have the latest version with the new Benq DVD drive which is meant to be quieter than the old Hitachi or Samsung drive.

yeah, but I wonder what the investment for the game was, the design/creative/production/premarketing/post marketing etc combined with the hellish backlog of sales-related royalties from in licenses stacked in this series will impact significantly on the takings.

whilst 200m (which is what I seen as a figure) sounds amazing, the actual profit wont become clear for another 12-15 months.

------------

absolutely incredible game though. amazing

• 4 weeks later...

fuck knows how you did the game so fast. that's me just finished now after probably over 40 hours.

just watching the credits (for what seems like another 40 hours) and noticed iggy pop is the dj on the liberty rock radio and will wheaton does one of the voices on the halo rip off tv show. not many other famous names really.

nae the jolliest of endings really.

I must admit that it's not really held my attention either. It's still sitting waiting for completion. And the multiplayer's barely been touched since the initial orgasm that was the first 3 weeks or so of owning it.

'Course, I'm rubbish at computer games, so I wouldn't take my word for anything.