aberdeen-music

Grand Theft Auto 4

Old Gold

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is almost too good.

It's the little touches I'm loving. When you change radio channel Niko leans over and does it in the car. Piswasser beer. The TV shows. The brilliant way they've reacted to the Hot Coffee nonsense from San Andreas. The number you text to find out what song's playing.

The only bug I've found so far was after playing multiplayer for a while, when I dropped back into single player Niko had a totally different set of clothes (which should have been unavailable to me) and was heavily armed (I had no access to guns at the time). Everything else was the same as my single player game before. Once I re-loaded my saved game it was fine though.

It's the little touches I'm loving. When you change radio channel Niko leans over and does it in the car. Piswasser beer. The TV shows. The brilliant way they've reacted to the Hot Coffee nonsense from San Andreas. The number you text to find out what song's playing.

Yeah! The first time I went through a car windscreen was a moment of sheer glee.

You couldn't make this shit up...

I finally picked my copy up from Blockbuster today.

I went the store and as I appraoched the counter, there was an older guy there, hopping from one for to the other expectantly, whilst the wummin was on the phone.

"It's just ringing out" she said to him...

"Ah, answerphone" she whispers to the guy...

"Hello, Mr Diesel, it's Blockbuster Bridge of Don here, you haven't picked up your copy of GTIV despite repeated calls from me. I'm afraid we have waiting list and there's a gentle......"

"Hi, my name's Paul Diesel, I believe you have a copy........"

Poor cunt's face was a picture!

"Maybe Ah'll come back imorn", he mumbled completely and utterly dejected.

You couldn't make this shit up...

I finally picked my copy up from Blockbuster today.

I went the store and as I appraoched the counter, there was an older guy there, hopping from one for to the other expectantly, whilst the wummin was on the phone.

"It's just ringing out" she said to him...

"Ah, answerphone" she whispers to the guy...

"Hello, Mr Diesel, it's Blockbuster Bridge of Don here, you haven't picked up your copy of GTIV despite repeated calls from me. I'm afraid we have waiting list and there's a gentle......"

"Hi, my name's Paul Diesel, I believe you have a copy........"

Poor cunt's face was a picture!

"Maybe Ah'll come back imorn", he mumbled completely and utterly dejected.

That is amazing! God i would love to see his face.

That is amazing! God i would love to see his face.

Aye, I felt like shit, to be honest. I loved Liberty City but didn't care much for the rest of the series. Fair to say that I wasn't as rabid about the release as some folks. Maybe I should have done the decent thing.

However, if it's any consolation to the guy, I got home, fired up the 360, stuck in the disk and it wouldn't read it.

After much fucking and cunting and any other swear words that came to mind, my wife casually picked up the box and said...

"Issss is fur the PS3 ye neep!!!"

Fortunately, being fucking minted, I have both (daughter has a Wii) - what a flash caaaahnt!!!!

Aye, I felt like shit, to be honest. I loved Liberty City but didn't care much for the rest of the series. Fair to say that I wasn't as rabid about the release as some folks. Maybe I should have done the decent thing.

However, if it's any consolation to the guy, I got home, fired up the 360, stuck in the disk and it wouldn't read it.

After much fucking and cunting and any other swear words that came to mind, my wife casually picked up the box and said...

"Issss is fur the PS3 ye neep!!!"

Fortunately, being fucking minted, I have both (daughter has a Wii) - what a flash caaaahnt!!!!

Aye that is fairly flash. i was gonna invest in a ps3 with it....

Didn't you preorder it on 360?

i just about ended myself last night when we were playing multiplayer. highlight was trying to jump out of a helicopter onto the top of the empire state building and inevitably missing. takes a long time to hit the ground from up there :)

chris' spectacular arrival at the meetup point on the armoured truck/bombing the boat mission was pretty good too.

chris' spectacular arrival at the meetup point on the armoured truck/bombing the boat mission was pretty good too.

Better than my jump off the freeway onto the warehouse roof placing us right beside the gangsters during the cops 'n' crooks game? Or my rocket into the rapidly oncoming police car that vapourised all players in the game after that?

Haven't laughed so much since the knives only COD 4 game that was anything but.

As a side note for others, if someone declines a game request it means they're busy playing a game already not just waiting to be worn down by more game requests every ten minutes.

Keep it on topic, tell us what you were doing in the game!:D

So theres a game where i can do this without fear or reprisals.....ACE!!!!

I dont suppose theres an online mode where i can keep family members locked in a basement is there?

No? maybe in GTA5 then.

Guys at my work were telling me how ace it is and i need an x-box so that I can see what it's like. They said its amazing getting drunk and planning routes to take on the subway.

yet when i say im going out to get drunk tonight apparently I'm an alccy loser. maybe i need to take a train first?

Guys at my work were telling me how ace it is and i need an x-box so that I can see what it's like. They said its amazing getting drunk and planning routes to take on the subway.

yet when i say im going out to get drunk tonight apparently I'm an alccy loser. maybe i need to take a train first?

If it goes to Liberty City then yeah :)

Anyone got the Liberty Minute Achievement yet? Thats a toughy!

"Were training our kids to be killers!" apparently.

Close to the end of the video he says that after beating your prostitute to death you can cut up the cops who come to arrest you with a chainsaw!!

Really?!!

Please tell me there is a chainsaw in GTA IV.

Please..i want one.

And heres part 2:

There sueing Sony and Walmart and others for training some dumbass to kill....idiots.

Now at the start of this video he claims you can go into a strip club and have anal sex with the girls.

Ok to hell with the chainsaw i want that.

no, taking my time on the first playthrough

maybe try it on the second or third, just be a gamerscore loser

No shame in earning gamerscore... I have 38k and I hold down a full time job, band and have to put up with the mrs staring at the back of my head half the time.

I'll try going through my second time but like you I'm taking my time.

The Subtle Arts' xbox Blog

"Were training our kids to be killers!" apparently.

Close to the end of the video he says that after beating your prostitute to death you can cut up the cops who come to arrest you with a chainsaw!!

Really?!!

Please tell me there is a chainsaw in GTA IV.

Please..i want one.

And heres part 2:

There sueing Sony and Walmart and others for training some dumbass to kill....idiots.

Now at the start of this video he claims you can go into a strip club and have anal sex with the girls.

Ok to hell with the chainsaw i want that.

Glenn Beck's a fucking clown.

And don't get me started on Jack Thompson - however, one of Destructoid's reviewers got a good one on him when they interviewed him on the phone for their podcast.

JT: Wouldn't you agree that games like GTA4 encourage violence amongst younger people such as yourselves?

DT Reviewer: I don't know, but I know i couldn't kill anyone without auto-aim.