aberdeen-music

Grand Theft Auto 4

Old Gold

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy finally arrived at 2pm today.

Been playing it since then...its amazing.

Haven't really achieved much just been messing about.

watched some weird stuff at th cabaet club and been bowling a few times.

I figure i will leave the crime stuff for a bit while i explore.

I can see this game fucking with my uni exams :down:.

On the plus side I was pretty lucky today. I hadn't bothered pre-ordering GTA due to lazyness and also the fact my xbox was away for repair. then unexpectedly my xbox arrived back today so at 3PM today I phoned ASDA and got the last copy :up:. Picked it up just now and the map looks bloody huge.

I can't muster any enthusiasm for this game. I enjoy playing the GTA games, but by all accounts and despite the fawning reviews, it's just more of the same old with a lick of paint.

My main gripe with the series is that for a game that offers so much freedom, the missions are always horribily limiting with no room for improvisation. I usually end up getting so far then just messing about in game.

I rekon I will buy this eventually, but after the hype dies down and once I can get it for less than 25.

Been busy ramping through the missions (with a brief couple of hours on multiplayer) so haven't found any little easter eggs yet. The TV show with Bas Rutten was quite funny though. As was trying to drive a date home while utterly smashed.

Aside from that the best thing I've found was some cool speedboat ramps at the statue of liberty while I was free roaming with some friends. Incidentally getting some friends together online and just wandering around liberty city, causing chaos, is great fun. As is the cops and robbers mode and team mafia. Driving, while trying to shoot, and screaming at your mate to plot you a GPS course, while he shoots out the other window, so you can get to the mission before the other teams is hilarious.

Been busy ramping through the missions (with a brief couple of hours on multiplayer) so haven't found any little easter eggs yet. The TV show with Bas Rutten was quite funny though. As was trying to drive a date home while utterly smashed.

Aside from that the best thing I've found was some cool speedboat ramps at the statue of liberty while I was free roaming with some friends. Incidentally getting some friends together online and just wandering around liberty city, causing chaos, is great fun. As is the cops and robbers mode and team mafia. Driving, while trying to shoot, and screaming at your mate to plot you a GPS course, while he shoots out the other window, so you can get to the mission before the other teams is hilarious.

Not tried the multiplayer yet, will have to give it a bash tonight. It looks like there will be so much stuff to do in this game.

gah! i should just buy it shouldn't i? damn damn damn. i wouldn't mind but i went out and bought a spare controller and super mario galaxy for my newly acquired wii on monday instead of waiting and picking up gta and now i'm a bit unsure about my finances.

Indeed, I only tend to use the cheats once I complete the game so I can cause havoc around the city.

Ah but using free roam you can already do that. You don't even need friends, just start a multiplayer free roam game with private slots set to max and don't invite anyone.

Though you don't get the shops and any other bits you've unlocked I suppose.

gah! i should just buy it shouldn't i? damn damn damn. i wouldn't mind but i went out and bought a spare controller and super mario galaxy for my newly acquired wii on monday instead of waiting and picking up gta and now i'm a bit unsure about my finances.

Oh just wait until you get back from your honeymoon, it's not like you're going to be able to play it for the next couple of weeks anyway if you're in Costa Rica.

Ah but using free roam you can already do that. You don't even need friends, just start a multiplayer free roam game with private slots set to max and don't invite anyone.

Though you don't get the shops and any other bits you've unlocked I suppose.

As stated i've nae played the multiplayer yet :love::p;)

Will try it tonight, especially given the rotten weather!

Roll on hometime!

Oh just wait until you get back from your honeymoon, it's not like you're going to be able to play it for the next couple of weeks anyway if you're in Costa Rica.

ach, i'm weak. went and picked it up at lunchtime. the wife's away to the cinema tonight so i'll get to play it a little before i'm away :)

Jeez, my life is all GTA till i go back offshore, played it yesterday from about 4 right through till six this morning. Woke up this morning and thought to myself "I should really go for a drink with Roman the day" and "Where will i take Michelle on our next date"!:up:

We found last night on free roam, that flying to the tops of buildings then diving off to your death is quite easily the greatest funniest thing i've done for a while!!

Best game i've ever played!

We should get an Ab - Music Halo type multi-player one night!!!