aberdeen-music

Grand Theft Auto 4

Old Gold

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was still a queue outside gamestation when i was on my way home from work about half an hour ago, irritatingly i saw at least one young kid in the queue, i hope the parent they persuaded into taking them along didn't get sold the game.

why? that's the parents choice really. there's very little that can be done if a parent wants to buy the game for their young kid. when i worked in game we'd politely point out the content of the game to adults accompanied by young children but you can't prove that they're buying it solely for the kid so there's not much you can do. obviously the exception is when you refuse to sell it to a young child and they turn round to a stranger and ask them to buy it for them.

most kids will be unaffected by the content of the game anyway. i've had a computer since i was 6 and played many many violent games over the years and been into shitty horror films since my early teens too and i'm about as non-violent a person as you can get.

i'd be more concerned that they were up at 1.30 on a school night :)

no i can't get a copy anywhere fucks sake. Tesco BOD had a queue twenty minutes long, but little did I know that you had to have gone there earlier to get a ticket to allow you to actualy get a copy. Waited till I got all the way round till I got that bombshell

Lol we went up at about 11:30 and got a ticket. It was pretty funny because you could see heaps of people queing up not realising the game had been sold out for about 30mins.

there was still a queue outside gamestation when i was on my way home from work about half an hour ago, irritatingly i saw at least one young kid in the queue, i hope the parent they persuaded into taking them along didn't get sold the game.

Maybe the parent couldn't get a babysitter! ;)

Although, I let my 7 year old kid play San Andreas....

dave, you should get an xbox

STRANREAR ON SAT YAS MIN

GT4 - completely forgot about it!!! Had one ordered at Blockbuster. Nuts!

Stranraer!!! - turned out for them a few times in the late 80's when they had a big injury list. My mate Barney Duffy was the keeper and other mate Brian Wilson (no, not THAT one) played right wing. Sannie McAnespie - father of ex-Aberdeen Steven - was the manager. It was more like a bunch of mates having a kick-aboot (as was reflected in the results).

There was a kid a few folk behind me, and the dude at the door was ID'ing everyone.

So unless the kid you saw had ID...I'd assume the same thing that happened to the young kid i saw will have happened...he didnt get in.

no i can't get a copy anywhere fucks sake. Tesco BOD had a queue twenty minutes long, but little did I know that you had to have gone there earlier to get a ticket to allow you to actualy get a copy. Waited till I got all the way round till I got that bombshell

Exact same thing happened to me and my 2 mates- we got there about 11.35, joined the queue only to get totally shafted.

HOWEVER persistence (or desperation) is the key- there were 6 reserved copies that weren't claimed. We got told that if no-one had come for them by 1am they were ours. 5 quid worth of sandwiches, cookies and fizzy pop and an hour of sitting around later we were smugly walking out with a copy each.

I very much doubt it now, but there were 3 unclaimed copies that just went straight back into the warehouse, if anyone's still trying to source.