aberdeen-music

replacement for COD4

Jim Stax

Although I still think this is a fab game I am about as good as I am going to get, infuriatingly below average, and am looking for another game that will provide me with the same level of 'I must play this game again and again and again'. I found it almost addictive but being that my 11yr old loon easily doubles my score and laughs heartily in my face when doing so and also I am liability in any team, I need to move and leave this love behind. Anything out or coming out that has the same immediacy and online playability. Myself and a bud purchased Army of Two but so far been reluctant to give a good bash.

Any tips?

Far Cry going to be a game to get?

if you havent got halo3 give it a bash, gears of war is horrible online i hope the second one is better. Farcry is ment to be pish but ive not played it myself, most of the rest of them like army of two, are rubbish as well. get condemmed 2, muchos banter.

Have Halo 3 and thought it was alright in campaign but didn't like the online play. Think we have been a little spoiled by COD 4 and agree that Gears was guff online. Condemned 2 is intriguing though. If I was getting half way alright scores in COD I wouldn't be grumbling but I'm shite to the point of funny! I'm convinced when I play my character is wearing a big clown suit, has really squeaky shoes and a flashing big target as a head not to mention a belly the size of Jimmy Calderwoods.

Have you got Mass Effect? That's easilly a game that will suck up your life and it's not too tasking where reaction times are needed.

If you like shooters then theres a few coming soon that will topple CoD4 in the coming months. APB and Huxley are a couple to name a few of these.

Like mentioned before GTA4 is out on Tuesday - if you havn't preordered then I wouldn't expect to get a copy unless your early or attend a midnight opening somewhere.

Managed to pre-order GTA4 a few weeks back for 31 *using quidco and vouchers*, so I have this weekend to get 31 S3 reports finished 2 weeks early, in preparation for getting sucked into the GTA world...

Interested to see what the multiplayer is like, as today was the first i've heard of it o_O

Have Halo 3 and thought it was alright in campaign but didn't like the online play. Think we have been a little spoiled by COD 4 and agree that Gears was guff online. Condemned 2 is intriguing though. If I was getting half way alright scores in COD I wouldn't be grumbling but I'm shite to the point of funny! I'm convinced when I play my character is wearing a big clown suit, has really squeaky shoes and a flashing big target as a head not to mention a belly the size of Jimmy Calderwoods.

Ace post. This should be in the game.

Managed to pre-order GTA4 a few weeks back for 31 *using quidco and vouchers*, so I have this weekend to get 31 S3 reports finished 2 weeks early, in preparation for getting sucked into the GTA world...

Interested to see what the multiplayer is like, as today was the first i've heard of it o_O

You get cops and robbers, where if you're a cop you start in a car with uzis and radar but if your the robbers you get pistols, no radar and start on foot. I think. Does seem pretty cool.

Just wait for Battlefield: Bad Company to come out in June.

It's going to be better than CoD. They used the Battlefield engine to make CoD so its going to be the same kind of graphics. But it has Vehicles and is also meant to have 90% destructable enviroments. So you can blast holes and roof tops to enter buildings.

BattleField Modern Combat was in my opinion the best game to play on Live on the original Xbox. So much fun jumping in a Helicopter with all your team mates then parachuting out and not telling them.