aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Bigsby

Tommy Burns?

Surely, if this was true (and it was a rumour that started yesterday), then it would have been in the news by now?

Saw something on another messageboard that Celtic fans had confirmed it was just malicious nonsense

Saw something on another messageboard that Celtic fans had confirmed it was just malicious nonsense

I certainly hope so - I've a lot of time for Burnsy. He was the reason I started going back to Rugby Park. Did a great job for us.

This rumour has been doing the rounds on football boards all day - I think it wou;d have been confirmed by now of true.

You would think so... but then you would think that a denial might have been issued if it wasn't true.

You would think so... but then you would think that a denial might have been issued if it wasn't true.

Maybe they don't want to dignify a petty, malicious rumour with a response. Hell if football clubs responded to every nonsense rumour posted on the internet their whole budgets would be taken up by their press departments.

From Celticfc.net:

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC Football Club has received numerous messages of support for Tommy Burns and on behalf of Tommy's family, we thank everyone sincerely for these kind thoughts and best wishes.

Tommy is continuing to receive treatment. Clearly, all right-minded people will understand that the club is not in a position to provide updates in terms of Tommy's condition and once again, we would ask that the privacy of Tommy and his family is fully respected at this time.

Under the Press Complaints Commission Code of Practice, the need to respect an individual's privacy with regards to matters of health is clearly stated and we trust that this will now be the case going forward, in relation to Tommy and his family.

Yeah I heard on the radio this morning. I didn't really have much time for the guy on a footballing level, but still very sad to hear about his death.