aberdeen-music

Text Message Problem

mcsheepie

Right, bit of an odd problem and i've tried looking online but not finding any answers.

I've been having a problem with texts that my friend sends me, every so often i just don't get the text she sends and sometimes they arrive saying */missing text/* (nothing else, just that). Sometimes i get a message saying one of the other messages she's sent has been updated and when you look at it, it has some bits of the original message and some bits of a new message merged with it.

We're on different networks and, as far as i can tell, its only her texts i'm having problems with and no-one else she texts has seen this happen

Any suggestions/ideas?

The only thing i can think of is this.

Check how many letters per page in your text box you can have...Then get your friend to check hoiw many he/she's allowed......If say sh gets 200 letters per text page and you only get 190letters it will simply cut the text to size......

Well i had similar problems a few years back and BTcelnet (lol) told me that was the issue.

The only thing i can think of is this.

Check how many letters per page in your text box you can have...Then get your friend to check hoiw many he/she's allowed......If say sh gets 200 letters per text page and you only get 190letters it will simply cut the text to size......

Well i had similar problems a few years back and BTcelnet (lol) told me that was the issue.

yeah i used to have the same problem and keeping the length of the txt down seemed to work for me

It's if you send a message that's too long for 1 text message, it will split it and send it as 2 seperate messages (or 3 depending on how long it is), and your friend's phone wil receive it as 2 seperate messages and will combine it into one again when they try to read it. If one of them gets interrupted during sending or receiving for any reason (busy networks, bad signal etc) it will only send / receive one and it will say "text missing" - only way to cure it is resending the message. Tho by the time you phone to tell them that you may as well just have a conversation.

Ryan off of Cobra Kai