aberdeen-music

Iron Man

framheim

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to break the news to everyone but it's not that good...

Takes far, FAR, too long to get in to the good stuff, although I guess it's good to build up the characters a bit. Downey Jr plays his role pretty well, although it's the typecast of himself he's been playing for decades. For an action film there wasn't actually that much action, and what there was wasn't amazing / memorable. The bad-guys aren't particularly evil or scary. Some good jokes peppered through the film. Spent the whole film waiting to hear the intro of the Ozzy version of Iron Man, but this didn't happen. Stick around after the credits because there's a 20 second skit that tees up sequels (and will give all Marvel fans a hard-on). Finally, when he's flying, his posture is similar to that of a transvestite / drag queen - i.e. not very super-hero like.

All in all, after looking at a few review sites online I can not believe I've not seen any particularly bad ones as it's NOT an amazing superhero film like Batman Gegins, Spiderman 1/2 or X-Men.

6/10.

I really liked it, was an interesting take on the Iron Man story and Downy Jnr is an ace Tony Stark. A decent sense of humour running through the film as well without cheapening it.

I give it 8.5/10 and will probably purchase it on DVD or Blu Ray as well (if funds permit and the PS3 purchase is made in the summer).

I really liked it, was an interesting take on the Iron Man story and Downy Jnr is an ace Tony Stark. A decent sense of humour running through the film as well without cheapening it.

I give it 8.5/10 and will probably purchase it on DVD or Blu Ray as well (if funds permit and the PS3 purchase is made in the summer).

Totally agree. Don't think it would have been half as good if Downey Jr wasn't playing Stark, he was great in it.

Also Pepper Potts was hot as fuck.

Not sure about Samuel L playing Nick Fury though. We'll see how that pans out...

I saw it last night. I didn't fancy it at all from the trailers, but it's really fucking good. Really fast paced, and I really got lost in it, I was on the edge of my seat during the big fight at the end. I couldn't believe it when it finished as I felt like I'd only been watching it for about 30 minutes, I looked at my watch and it had been 2 hours! I got so into I didn't even notice the time passing, sign of a good movie in my opinion. Robert Downey jr was excellent.

8.5/10, loses half a point for Robert Downey jr's ridiculous beard.