aberdeen-music

[GIG] Be A Familiar // Kartta // Y'all Is Fantasy Island. Tunnels. Sun May 25. 4.

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I should hopefully be heading down at least for a little bit.

Good man. Though it'll be thoroughly worthwhile to stay around for both out of town acts :up:

Guest idol_wild
any rough times? running order?

might not have time to catch everyone...

The blueprint goes like this:

Doors 8pm.

Y'all is Fantasy Island - 8.30pm

Kartta - 9.30pm

Be A Familiar - 10.15pm.

We all know how much this can vary though! I'm not going to put the first band on until there is a healthy-ish crowd.

So het there early folks!

Guest idol_wild
To be fair, it was an unfortunate night to have a gig on with the Caribou/SotL double header Thu/Fri.

Yeah - this totally worked against me in the end. And the Sunday factor.

I obviously didn't promote it correctly/well enough either! :down:

Been there, done that...didn't give up!

You're made of stronger stuff. :up:

I'll remind you of this quote next time you have a hissy fit and want to jack it in...

You're bringing good stuff to Aberdeen, Phillip - stick at it min...

I lost just short of 100 last night out of my own pocket. I don't have the personal finance to potentially lose this again in the near future. I am not a wealthy man in any way.

It's not a hissy fit, it's a circumstancial result. I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing. :)

I lost just short of 100 last night out of my own pocket. I don't have the personal finance to potentially lose this again in the near future. I am not a wealthy man in any way.

It's not a hissy fit, it's a circumstancial result. I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing. :)

Maybe you could work with the other promoters in Aberdeen in future to offset some of the losses and raise the profile of your gigs. You could book the bands then try and enlist the more experienced hands of the IM crew for example to help with the actual promotion.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't make it down last night. Having just returned from holiday my finances were too low to go to any of the gigs last week.

Typical bloody Aberdeen, that. I went along last night primarily because Phil's descriptions of the bands interested me. I'm glad I did, because all three acts were fantastic. Both touring bands were great, and Kartta put on what I felt was one of their best ever performances!

Phil - you always do a sterling job of promoting gigs, a damn sight more than a lot of promoters in this city do. But if you're dealing with such an apathetic market it's always going to be tough.