aberdeen-music

[GIG] Be A Familiar // Kartta // Y'all Is Fantasy Island. Tunnels. Sun May 25. 4.

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is delighted to present to you...

Be A Familiar

www.myspace.com/beafamiliar

Perfect pop from Glasgow 7-piece uber band. Cellos! Trumpets! Guitars! Triple Vocals! Think Broken Social Scene on a Haribo induced sugar rush! Signed to new and up-and-coming Glasgow label Broken Friend Records.

Kartta

www.myspace.com/karttamusic

Local noise-mongers who have been described as "triumph-pop", "space pop", "anti-pop" and "noisy bastards"! Oh, and "handclap driven indie".

Y'all Is Fantasy Island

www.myspace.com/yifimusic

Falkirk outfit who are going to be pretty big pretty soon. Having supported Frightened Rabbit many times, YIFI are ready to pop their Aberdeen cherry. Let's make it special for them, eh? Scaled down, sparse folk-rock embracing delicate melancholy with the odd smattering of pop-rock madness.

Sunday 25th May.

The Tunnels.

8pm.

KarttaPoster-May.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Another band you stole from us ya fink!

You were going to book Kartta?

Heh.

I assume you mean YIFI?

I am so freaking excited to see these two out of town acts. Both are incredible.

Guest idol_wild

I need someone to man the door for me and take the money. I'll be too busy and stressed to do this myself.

No previous experience required - just an ability to count and stamp people's hands.

You will receive 15, free entry to (sort of) see the three bands, and a couple of drinks.

Any takers?

Guest idol_wild
will be a hell of a weekend...

You're not wrong - Caribou, Stars of the Lid/Remember Remember/Glissando, Meursault, then this bad boy - all in the space of four days.

So yeah - who said Aberdeen "is a bit pish for music"?