aberdeen-music

Lee McAllister

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Thoughts? Can't say I've been impressed with his conduct during interviews, and he's now called out Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan and challenged them both to a match.

In Aberdeen of course. Shouldn't a true world champ defend the belts out of town as well?

:up:

Thoughts? Can't say I've been impressed with his conduct during interviews, and he's now called out Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan and challenged them both to a match.

In Aberdeen of course. Shouldn't a true world champ defend the belts out of town as well?

Why shouldnt he ask for the fight in Aberdeen? Everybody else gets away with it. Ricky Hatton didn't leave Manchester for years.

And how often to the US world champs fight outside of Vegas?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Why shouldnt he ask for the fight in Aberdeen? Everybody else gets away with it. Ricky Hatton didn't leave Manchester for years.

And how often to the US world champs fight outside of Vegas?

Fair points, but wouldn't he make more of an impact if he fought out of town from time to time? Do you rate his chances against Hatton or Khan? Just throwing it out there, curious to know what people think.

Fair points, but wouldn't he make more of an impact if he fought out of town from time to time? Do you rate his chances against Hatton or Khan? Just throwing it out there, curious to know what people think.

Personally, I think McAllister would have his ass handed to him against either.

His knockout ratio is crap (only 5 out of 26), so leaving aside the point that he has no big names on his record, he's clearly not a big puncher. He's obviously not entirely shit....he's got the WBU belt, which Hatton had for years before getting a real belt. But when Hatton was WBU champ he fought plenty of live opponents eg. Ben Tackie, Lovemore N'Dou, Eamonn Magee, Vince Phillips.

Hatton at Light Welter is unstoppable for me when he's on form, and Khan looks potentially awesome, albeit with a glass jaw. McAllister needs to prove himself in much more exalted company before he starts calling out these guys.

That said, Khan's been harping on about being a world champ by the end of the year....maybe McAllister's the easiest route for him to achieve that.

The very notion that Hatton would be interested is a joke.

you can never see kahn fighting him really can you. As for hatton as said its laughable to think he would even consider it, are they not at different weights anyway?

I think the problem he has is that he will never get the chance with the bigger fighters, he wouldnt make them enough money and he doesnt have enough backing.

a litlle known fact

I did boxing and Karate for years -I fought all over the UK. I bet ye dinna believe me but there's an attic in Peterheid full of trophys . I kick arse at fighting but only under controlled circumstances - street fighting is for losers .

you can never see kahn fighting him really can you. As for hatton as said its laughable to think he would even consider it, are they not at different weights anyway?

I think the problem he has is that he will never get the chance with the bigger fighters, he wouldnt make them enough money and he doesnt have enough backing.

McAllister is a light welterweight.....same as Hatton. Khan's been fighting at lightweight so would have to step up a division.